Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Damn possesed F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn possesed F-Body

This **** is weird. Every once in a while, like today. Tried poping the trunk with the trunk button under the dash, it does nothing. Turn the key to run then back to off, it works fine (the hatch was shut). About a week ago I try using my power door locks from the passenger's side, it does nothing. Try the driver's side and it worked fine. Turned the key to run the off again, everything worked like normal.

WTF? ? ?

Weird *** GM **** Gremlins. . . . .
Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Banned

mine does that with the poping hatch. it also works if u press unlock with ur keys and then hit the yellow button. i think its some kind of security
Old 12-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The BCM (Body Control Module) "goes to sleep" shortly after the ignition is turned off. The inside door lock switches and the hatch release won't function. Cycling the ignition or even just opening a door "wakes up" the BCM so that the switches will work.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The BCM (Body Control Module) "goes to sleep" shortly after the ignition is turned off. The inside door lock switches and the hatch release won't function. Cycling the ignition or even just opening a door "wakes up" the BCM so that the switches will work.

Good to know that my car came possesed and did not do it on it's own. . . . .

Quick Reply: Damn possesed F-Body