Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock CD player w/ aftermarket subs help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock CD player w/ aftermarket subs help

alright well my buddy has a 2002 blazer and just spent like 700 on subs and an amp and all that good stuff, but the nearest audio store cant install it for him till the 17th of July, and i know a little bit about what i am doing with this stuff because ive hooked systems up in my friends chevelle, my firebird, my truck, my buddies 66 mustang, and a few other cars, but all of their cars came with aftermarket stereos with rca inputs.... so anyway today i took his dash off and took the radio out to see that there werent any rca's... so what i am wondering is that i know that i am needing a in line converter or somethin like that, but is there a difference in what to look for for certain applications? and also, what wires need spliced in to from his stereo to run this converter? any help at all will help
thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

I can give you the wire colors for the speaker outputs but I need more information. What model Blazer is it (regular cab, extended cab, 3rd door, crew cab, utility)? Does it have option code CTF? Does it have the optional Bose amp/speaker upgrade?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well i think this may be what i need...
found off of blazerforums.com

For 2002 up blazers the wiring is as follows:
Radio 12v orange + radio harness
Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition dk. green + radio harness
Radio Illumination gray (dimmer) + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness

do i just splice into the rear speakers, or one or the other, or what? i havent ever worked with one of these, and just took the rca inputs as a granted because ive only done this to aftermarket cd players...
Old 12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to use a line level converter to use a speaker level signal and convert it to low level and then you hook your RCA cables to this. Probably best to use your left rear and right rear speaker outputs.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default .

just wondering... what is our remote wire in this diagram? there are several wires that are uncalled for in the listing i showed, and there is also a dark blue wire that is not named, and i thought that almost all remote wires were blue, but i dont want to go blowing air bags haha... actually i know i wont blow air bags cuz i know where the controls are for that, but i dont want to keep cutting and testing and having to wire nut every single connection back together
Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

GM factory amps generally don't have remote turn-on wires. Monsoon and early Bose systems use signal sensing to turn on the amp when an audio signal is detected on the input side. Later Bose systems use the class 2 serial data bus to turn on the amp while 07-08 models use the new GM-LAN to do it.

BTW, don't ever use wire nuts in an automotive wiring application - this is not a household light switch.