Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Midbass subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midbass subs

One of my sail panel midbass subs blew. I'm looking to replace both of these speakers. I've looked around at a bunch of the posts and saw where CDT CL-6 and Pioneer TS-M7PRS Premier drivers were recommended. Which is better?? Are there anymore suggestions? I'm looking for something that will directly replace the factory 6.5 sail panel subs without ANY modification and will have better sound quality. Thanks
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There is NOTHING that will directly replace the sail panel subs in a T/A without modification. The only DVC 6.5" subs around are the eD 7kv.2 but they are deeper than stock and require a spacer for mounting. All other 6.5" subs are SVC, so you could only use one of the two amp channels on each side - reducing power output by half.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by pewterta00
One of my sail panel midbass subs blew. I'm looking to replace both of these speakers. I've looked around at a bunch of the posts and saw where CDT CL-6 and Pioneer TS-M7PRS Premier drivers were recommended. Which is better?? Are there anymore suggestions? I'm looking for something that will directly replace the factory 6.5 sail panel subs without ANY modification and will have better sound quality. Thanks
If you're looking for a direct replacement for the factory 6.5" subs, then stay with Monsoon.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in love with my Treo set. I also have their component set runnin all of it off a Crossfire amp. I'd just ditch the monsoon & go completely aftermarket on your mids & highs if you really want good sound.

Whats great about the Treo mids/highs for our cars are they can be installed into the stock locations no problem, they are 100 watt each 4 ohm.