Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Pioneer STOLEN! Answer - ALARM

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pioneer STOLEN! Answer - ALARM

ok this one has me madder than a one legged etheopean watching a freaking whole cooked 20 pound turkey rolling down the hill with all the freaking side items.

I was putting my new bed i bought together last night got done and me and my friend went to throw out the box and crap when when we are coming down the stairs two guys BOOK IT across the parking lot and jumps in there crappy ricer car with a freaking fart can exhaust! so we look and my car lights are on!! go look, they jacked my freaking BRAND NEW, (used lol got it from my room mate but its new to me) Screen, 2 of my knives and 25 bucks in cash, but left my check book? (which i had no idea was in there until this happened) called the cops and to make a long story short I'm not the only one that got hit. they think they know where they are and the detectives are on it now. grrr!!!

now then

I'M GETTING AN ALARM! one that will wake up the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD, I want this thing LOUDER than the damn Tornado sirens!!!! and i'm going to be investing in a GPS tracking device for my car and anything expensive in it, (radio, subs blah blah) so what are some good ones that wont cost me an arm and two legs and the 20 lbs turkey rolling down the hill?

thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2008, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol alls you need for an alarm is a sawwed off shotgun and lawn chair right inside ur garage seems like haha
Old 01-06-2008, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

thats the problem I'm at an apartment other wise i would be :pis sed::up yours:
Old 01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

An alarm won't stop someone from getting your HU if they really want it. Mine was stolen out of my truck and the alarm was going off the whole time. People saw it and called the cops but they still got my stereo
Old 01-06-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

move out from the apartments, they got me there once too.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try living in NW Arkansas or the big MO.

When you live south of LR you are going to get your stuff jacked.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

like a mo' fo'

Get a Talking Dual Zone Perimeter Motion Radar Sensor.

Detects Interior OR Exterior Perimeter motion. Use this to prevent activity around your car. Also can be used for interior to prevent someone from reaching inside your car, fully adjustable zone.

Last edited by Kage; 01-07-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kage

Get a Dual Zone Perimeter Motion Sensor.

Detects Interior OR Exterior Perimeter motion. Use this to prevent activity around your car. Also can be used for interior to prevent someone from reaching inside your car, fully adjustable zone. Radar sensor. DUAL zone.
that sounds sick

At the moment, I have the Viper alarm system with the normal stuff like if someone touches the car etc.. and a remote that says what happened if it goes off ( shows picture of open passenger door, etc )

Its eh.. idk theres not that much you can do. Be happy your car didnt get stolen along with your stuff, i try not to keep anything worth much inside my car.. now the actual car.. ill do whatever, im going to mount a fuel cut off switch hidden >.> But yeah, normal alarm w/remote will help
Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by CamaroKidZ28
that sounds sick

At the moment, I have the Viper alarm system with the normal stuff like if someone touches the car etc.. and a remote that says what happened if it goes off ( shows picture of open passenger door, etc )

Its eh.. idk theres not that much you can do. Be happy your car didnt get stolen along with your stuff, i try not to keep anything worth much inside my car.. now the actual car.. ill do whatever, im going to mount a fuel cut off switch hidden >.> But yeah, normal alarm w/remote will help
There should be a Dual Zone Perimeter Motion Sensor add on for VIPER ALARMS, if i'm not mistaken.

I think it's DEI 508D Dual Zone Field Disturbance Sensor viper, clifford.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

where do i get one and how much does it cost?

and is there any way to when ever I arm it i can run a compositor pushing like 10K volts to the door handle?

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Try living in NW Arkansas or the big MO.

When you live south of LR you are going to get your stuff jacked.
I live north of LR by about an hour...
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackangel327
they jacked my freaking BRAND NEW, (used lol got it from my room mate but its new to me) Screen, 2 of my knives and 25 bucks in cash, but left my check book?
So...did they take the entire HU or just the screen/faceplate? Why was your faceplate left on your HU in the first place? The first obvious step you can take (and maybe the best) is to remove the faceplate. Regardless of how much you care or don't care about the HU itself, a good looking faceplate may be the ticket a thief needs to enter your vehicle, and find more than the faceplate -- in your case, $25 and some knives.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

no it was the WHOLE head unit, even the wiring harness!! and when you close it it looks like a cheap head unit, they new cause they were scoping that crap out. i wasn't the only one hit that night either so they were scoping out guys for a while.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

no it was the WHOLE head unit, even the wiring harness!! and when you close it it looks like a cheap head unit, they new cause they were scoping that crap out. i wasn't the only one hit that night either so they were scoping out guys for a while.
well yea, I assumed it was probably the entire HU... my point was -- take the faceplate off in the future.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

how do you take the face plate off a 6.5" Motorized flip out screen?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

how do you take the face plate off a 6.5" Motorized flip out screen?
Sorry I wasn't aware of what the source unit was....all you did was call it a screen in the original post, which could be interpreted many ways. I've just known a few people who can't figure out why their car was targeted over others...and it was likely because they left their faceplates on (why????) when they were removable... (but not in your case).
Old 01-08-2008, 05:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks, I defiantly know the feeling
Old 01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

yeah i hear you on that, what i didn't understand was that my knives were laying ON TOP OF MY CHECK BOOK WITH A FULL BOOK, and that when the screen was in it looked like a cheep wal-mart brand HU, they knew what they were looking for you know? cause the jeep next to me didn't have anything stolen and its got the top off!! and an after market stereo so yeah

any who!

where do I get a dual sensory thingy? and how much are they? are they LOUD?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i hear you on that, what i didn't understand was that my knives were laying ON TOP OF MY CHECK BOOK WITH A FULL BOOK
You seem very surprised they didn't want your checks. Checks leave a trail.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

well i guess that makes sense but all it would take is one check to get what money they wanted, because most banks have overdraft protection.