Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory alarm keeps freaking going off!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory alarm keeps freaking going off!!!!!!!

i have a factory alarm and every single time i lock the car it goes off within 10seconds. I lock the car from the remote...it goes off...i lock the car with the lock button on the door...it goes off...i lock it with a key...it goes off. Anybody have any idea what the hell is going on??? I cant lock my car so its just a little bit of a problem haha thanx for the help guys
Old 01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Chances are that the shock sensor is causing the problem. Disconnect it and see if the problem goes away. Also, you must have passive arming programmed otherwise the alarm wouldn't arm when you lock the doors with the key. You can change the programming so that the alarm only arms when you use the remote or the power lock button.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Chances are that the shock sensor is causing the problem. Disconnect it and see if the problem goes away. Also, you must have passive arming programmed otherwise the alarm wouldn't arm when you lock the doors with the key. You can change the programming so that the alarm only arms when you use the remote or the power lock button.
yea...i didnt think about the shock sensor before i posted the thread. I disconnected it about 10minutes after i posted and it fixed the problem for now. Do you think the sensor is just going bad or do you think there is a short somewhere?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The shock sensors are infamous for going bad - mostly from moisture. Fortunately, they're only about $40 retail at the dealer (and much cheaper online).
Old 01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Launching!

sennsor mine did the same **** i unplugged it and is fine
Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to mine a couple weeks ago (Factory Alarm Also). On mine all it was was the batteries in the remote for the alarm were bad. I changed them out and every thing was back to normal. It's that or the shock sensor.