Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

wireing up new mb quarts please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face wireing up new mb quarts please help!

hey guys i need your help. i just got in a new set of mb quarts in and they are the pvf-216's the premium set the ones under the q's and i have the option to bi amp them. i have an mtx 3404 4 channel that is rated at 50w but puts out 70w. i had this amp on the lower line mb quarts that i just took out and it sounded good. im not runnin any rear fill and i was just useing the front channels for the componets{i can bridge the amp to the front but it puts out like 200 w and i think thats to much for them}so like i was saying i can bi amp them like the 2 rear channels go to the woofers and the front to the tweets. im not shure what to do and the car is apart and iv been messin with it a lot and im geting a little tired of takin the car apart and puting it back together. help guys. here is the link to the new ones i got
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...t+PVF+216.html
Old 01-14-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put the tweeters on the front channels, with the high pass set around 1k, then put the mids on the rear with the hp set at around 200, unless you dont have a sub then you could leave the rear to full range