Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm Question Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Question Need Help!

Okay so I actually spent some time trolling this entire forum so that I didn't bore anyone to kingdom come by reposting a thread that has been already posted 4 times.

Anyway so I am experiencing the issue of hearing the 2 loud horn blasts after the 2 short blasts go off arming the alarm. When I first got the car this is all that happened and I figured whatever. After some torrential downpours on a long road trip I took, the alarm just started randomly going off sometimes. I got home from my trip and the alarm went back to normal. Now its back to 2 short, followed by 2 loud a few seconds after, and I don't know if it still randomly goes off or not because I got so pissed off I just pulled the fuse to the horn. Which, in the hampton roads area, I love my horn. I can't stand this places traffic. Everyone has already said its probably the shock sensor. Chevrolet has been nothing but retarded when I call, (suprise right?) and told me there was no shock sensor on my car and that I gotta do all this other random crap and pay them a ton of money to let them check everything out. I would REALLY appreciate if anyone could tell me where to locate my shock sensor on my 1996 SS so I can walk ourside, pull it, and see if all is fine afterwards. Also does the door alarm still work? Or does pulling this component disable the alarm completely until I replace it? Either way I don't care I can still lock it. I just want to sleep and still have my horn during the day! Help would be very much appreciated!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The shock sensor is right in front of the spare tire, mounted on top of the fender well. I don't know what happens when you unplug it, but it does have a sensitivity ****

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sensitivity **** on mine but low and behold unplug the sensor, shake it, water. Fixed alarm. Thank you very much for the help!