Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speakers dont work?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speakers dont work?!?!

Ok I dont mess around with stereo stuff that much, but i know my way around basic wiring. I put in a new Head Unit in my 98 z28 but the speakers behind the seats dont work. I have door speakers, and the two speakers in the hatch, but none in the back seat. Thought they might be blown, but a buddy of mine with a 99z just put a head unit in his, and same thing. What do i need to do to get those working?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's funny I have the same problem. I might just have to replace the speakers and run new wire to them? Thanx!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Launching!

I have the same problem. Only of mine made noise but it was just hissing
Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have several replacements for the sail panel area you guys are speaking of. Please keep in mind though that the sail panels only put out bass frequencies in the Monsoon system. If you have no speakers in that location someone probably removed them as they tend to blow out over time assuming someone owned the car before you.
If you guys need replacements for that area I have them starting at $89.00 a pair + shipping.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok well..i have 2 10's in the trunk..so i guess ill have to wire them up myself if i want speakers? so can I just run wire from the two speakers in the hatch area to the ones in the sail pannels? it just sounds funny with no speakers there