Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power window help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window help.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but heres my issue: I rolled my window down all the way last night. No weird noises or anything. And now it wont go up. It doesn't make any noises except for a little buzz somewhere around the pedals. I thought it would be a window motor, but it never got slow or anything. It just stopped working completely. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Its probably the motor. There is a cut-off switch in the motor that kills it when the window is all the way up or down. When the motor goes bad, the switch cuts it off when you don't want it to.

When mine have gone bad, a little rest has helped. (Turning the car on and off has seemed to help also, but I can't think of a technical reason why it would.) If you can get it up just a bit, you can tug up on the glass while you try to put up the window. Sometimes this is enough extra help to keep the motor going without cutting off. (Then your glass will be up long enough to have the motor replaced.)

BTW - The buzz around the pedals is the auto-down module. The driver's side window is controlled by this box and the noise is normal. You just don't normally hear it over the window motor noise. Its probably a sign that the electronics are indeed working for you and trying to switch the motor.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, Thanks for your help. Looks like I'll just have to get the window up with a little bit of tugging lol.

Last edited by CJJones87; 02-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that answers my question.. Window motor out on mine as well.. As stated above if I let it sit a few minutes it will roll up an inch then stop, let it sit same thing til I finally got it up...