Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone have used ALPINE wireharness from Circuit City?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have used ALPINE wireharness from Circuit City?

I need a quick connect wire harness for alpine radios. It would have been sold at Circuit city while they still carried Alpine. They have since dropped the line and do not carry the harness anymore. It clips into the vehical harness. No soldering is required.

I know this is a long shot but I need one and no one else ever carried the quick connects but circuit city. I will buy if from you if you have since upgraded to another stereo
Old 02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

FYI if you dont know the quick connect has a plug on both ends, No loose wires to solder together. Its just a plug that plugs into another plug!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its gonna be hard to fine one i used to install at circuit city i have tons of alpine harness but doubt i have any with the plug on it ill look this weekend
Old 02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
its gonna be hard to fine one i used to install at circuit city i have tons of alpine harness but doubt i have any with the plug on it ill look this weekend
yeah I know, I just figured it would be worth a shot. I used to sell car audio of CC but I have since quit that job.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Teching In

I sell/install at Best Buy. We stole Alpine. And Infinity. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, we also have to carry crap like Dual and Sony and our in-house brands.

To the point, you're best just contacting Metra to order it, if they still have it. I just took the liberty of checking their site, and they have nothing. Same with Scosche. Looks like you may have to do some soldering.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was shocked when CC lost infinity but they did pick up eclipse which i think was a huge win at the time. As far as loosing alpine at the time I dont think it really hurt CC cause it was right when alpine started going to crap, atleast they are making a comeback now. BB gets dual, CC gets jensen lol

Cant complain i dont work there anymore haha.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dave2_01SS
I sell/install at Best Buy. We stole Alpine. And Infinity. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, we also have to carry crap like Dual and Sony and our in-house brands.

To the point, you're best just contacting Metra to order it, if they still have it. I just took the liberty of checking their site, and they have nothing. Same with Scosche. Looks like you may have to do some soldering.

Metra worked a special deal with CC to use the quick connects. Its impossible to order them as a consumer. Now that CC has dropped Alpine it is impossible to get a new one. I am just hoping that somone on this site has gotn an Alpine installed at CC and has since gotn a new radio and still has the Alpine harness.

As far as working at best buy I used to install for them 2. CC uses far superior install hardware IE quick connects and solder instead of best buys crimp caps. I do believe best buy uses shitty scosche also...
Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
I was shocked when CC lost infinity but they did pick up eclipse which i think was a huge win at the time. As far as loosing alpine at the time I dont think it really hurt CC cause it was right when alpine started going to crap, atleast they are making a comeback now. BB gets dual, CC gets jensen lol

Cant complain i dont work there anymore haha.

Eclipse is better then Infinity and Kicker is close to Alpine.

BACK ON TOPIC: I need the ALPINE harness.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Ive got one or two lying around somewhere.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ultraz
Ive got one or two lying around somewhere.
Is it the smart harness? (Quick connect) It will have 2 plugs on both ends. one to go into the alpine and one is universal for the vehical plug
Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

yes it is a metra smart harness I bought from circuit city a few years ago. Clear white alpine plug.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

heres a pic of the 2 different ALpine harnesses that were available. The white one was to the VERY top of the line Alpines, while the black one did most of the rest.

Last edited by ultraz; 02-12-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: images
Old 02-13-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

true there were 2 of em
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

pm sent