Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Complete SHORT somewhere...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Complete SHORT somewhere...

Ok well back in january I was having trouble with my reverse lights...

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
something weird has happened.
When my headlights are on (at high and low beams) my drivers side reverse light is on.

when it in reverse they both light up my drivers reverse light is dimmer.

they are both off when my headlights are off.

any help a wiring diagram would be awesome.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/853302-backup-reverse-light-diagram-help.html

Now I went to take my car out of storage, I rolled it out and turned the key on and nothing no lights or anything completely dead battery.

So I threw the charger on it and it sounded like the headlight motors were clicking. and the dinger inside the car was really loud. but I had power

when I turned the **** for the headlights to be on everything died again... dead short.. then it would come back on when the **** was turned off.

I took out both head light fuses, tail light fuses, and turn signal ones. but that didnt change anything.

SO what the heck is happening I need to get some wiring diagrams and figure this out, because I'm sure it has something to do with the head lights.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a different electrical problem, it turned out to be hot/fried broken wires at the + accessory terminal on the drivers side, where I had added a few devices. It shorted everything out on me!

Its worth a look.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your battery really was that low, the act of the lights trying to come on AND the headlight motors to raise them could have easily been enough to overload the charger.

I'd try pulling the battery and let it slow charge for 12-24 hours.. Hopefully the battery will still take a charge after it going totally flat... My red tops in other vehicle have been quite responsive to a long, low charge after I'd leave something on for a week.. regular batteries, not so much.

If you have an outlet (or even a light) in the storage unit, a "battery tender" will be your best friend.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

Ok... thats awesome but I has this thing charged and started on Jan 27th. So I'm trying to figure out why it is dead now like 20 days later..

Im gonna test the battery tomorrow and charge it.

Anyboyd have anything else that I can check... thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Bump... because if I put the charger on Start... it does the same thing... whcih would mean its not a low battery prob.

could this all be a bad ground... Im not sure this much would happen and then Dead when headlights are turned on... (headlight doors don't open)