Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Security

Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security

Can someone explain what the radio has to do with VATS or SECURITY Light in my car? details: Vehicle is 00 Camaro SS factory Monsoon stereo

Reason for asking, I have a starting problem with my car and it only does it when I have a CD in and leave the stereo on playing mode and turn the vehicle off. If I leave the radio on it has never given me a problem starting. If I leave the CD playing and it will not start, I turn the stereo off and the car will start. Is this all coincedence? What I have done to fix the problem: thought my key was going bad for a while so I have new one and still does the same thing, checked the key cylinder and VATS Wiring everything looks good, found a ground that was off under the driver side kick panel about a month ago and it seemed to go away, now it is back!!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

James
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow thats freakin wierd. Did you use a harness when you installed the radio or did you hardwire it? Im not sure what it would have to do with it but if it started after you installed the radio then I would start there. Also try putting your factory back in and see if the car still acts up.

Search this Thread