Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PAC2 with RCA's for plugging in the HU?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PAC2 with RCA's for plugging in the HU?

I saw this the other day and can't find it now. Looking for the wiring connection which has two RCA's that will plug right into the back of the Monsoon HU. Also will this work with the PIE3 auxillary for the CD changer?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It would be the same thing. Both PAC and PIE make adapters that provide auxiliary input (on RCAs) through the CD changer port on the back of changer-compatible head units. The biggest difference is that the PAC model requires an installed changer in order to work but the PIE models don't.

The PIE X3 auxiliary interface already has RCA jacks on it so why would you want to add a different auxiliary interface?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Well my intentions for the PIEX3 is to use it for an XM auxillary connection however... I plan on adding two 10" subs to the rear in Stealth boxes. I didn't know if this could be accomplished with the PIE or not. If it can than I don't need the RCA's from the other piece. Just don't know what is what.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

You're talking about two completely different things - auxiliary input (PIE and PAC adapters) and audio output (for your subs). For the subs, all you need is an ordinary line output converter (LOC) available from any audio shop or even Wal-Mart for about $15. It splices into the speaker output wires of the head unit and converts the signal to line-level (on RCA jacks) for use as input to an external amp.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

I read somewhere when splice and do it that way it robs from that source and with the PAC you get two seperate sources (RCA's) independent of any other speakers. Someone had pictures and all of where he got it but can't find it now.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

There is the PAC OEM-1 which is a plug-and-play version of the standard LOC you can buy anywhere but it works the same way. There is no magical device that can produce an audio output without tapping into an existing signal - it's just an electrical impossibility. A LOC uses a miniscule amount of current and you will never notice the difference.