Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car won't start - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

I am really stumped. I drove my car yesterday and it ran fine. After that I hooked up a new bottle heater and now it won't even turn over. So this morning I decided to disconnect the bottle heater wire from the big pink wire under the dash that I was using as an accessory connection. Well the car still won't even crank over at all and no power to the dash. I turn the ignition and nothing at all happens. The dash lights do not come on, the radio does not come on, etc. However the headlights are bright, the interior lights are fine, the power trunk latch opener works fine. I tested the battery and it tested fine (puts out 12v). I checked the battery cables and they are both clean and tight. Any ideas??? THANKS
Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to state the obvious but did you check these fuses? BATT, IGN, and ACCY It sounds like one of those is blown.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I feel like a dumb***. It was the 50a ignition fuse. I didn't check the fuses today because I had a similar problem yesterday and the fuses all looked good at that time. Weird

Anyways, thanks. Now I can get my car on the road and enjoy this nice weather.