Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

firebird door speakers for my camaro sail panels??

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default firebird door speakers for my camaro sail panels??

well ive tried getting speakers for my car 3 times now (they were ALL blown when i bought it) so i have a bunch of speakers layin around and when i put in the sail panel speakers today i messed up and accidentally put firebird door speakers in there. are camaro sail panel speakers and firebird door speakers the same?? because in the monsoon faq there both listed as 2 ohm speakers but for the firebird doors it says there mids and for the camaro sails it says there single voice? will it sound better to take them out and put the camaro sail panel speakers in? sorry for the long confusing post and thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

No, the door speakers (on both models) are mids and the sail panel speakers are subs. You could physically put Firebird door speakers in Camaro sail panels - they'll fit and they are both 2-ohm single voice coil - but you will lose some bass response because the door mids aren't designed to handle the lower frequencies like the sail panels.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry several midwoofers for your car that would have the right frequency response for your sails in your Camaro. PM if you need some that won't blow out.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oooo well great i thought i finally got them figured out but now i gotta rip them back out dam

Search this Thread