Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I don't know a damn thing about stereos...help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I don't know a damn thing about stereos...help please!

I read the article about replacing the front door speakers with the Alpines, but I was wondering if there are any others out there that are better or just as good. I have no plans on upgrading anytime soon. I have the factory set up now. I just need to replace my door speakers.

Can somebody just show me what speakers to go with.

I've searched, and have no clue what I'm reading.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Message Ian Kee with KEE AUDIO, he has many options for you to chose from and has something for every budget. I'm sure he'll see this and set you up soon. I would recommend you get rid of your factory head unit as well. You will definetly like the difference it makes.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool man thanks for the advice. I feel like a new guy who doesn't know how to use the search button.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:56 AM

you can really go with any aftermarket speaker you want to go with. However a set of components would give you a better sound as you can angle the tweeter towards your ears.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try to find some pioneer.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rule of thumb, if you replace your head unit, typically you get the best sound performance with aftermarket speakers.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you just looking for cheap? Personally, I've never found a really good sounding cheap speaker. You can get Pioneers and Sonys and things like that for cheap, but the sound isn't great. A little more expensive, but worth it IMO are the Alpines, Infinitys, Polks, Rockford Fosgates, etc. If you're going to stay with just a HU amplified system or stock stuff, don't go buying the more expensive Infinitys, either. The reference series is there base line and runs decently from a deck. If you go to the Kappa series, you need an amp to make them sound good. Of course, any of them will sound better with an amp, but it depends on your budget what's best for you. Hope that helps.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love me MB Quarts. A little more pricey, but definately worth it. If your gonnna do something once...do it right.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Launching!

You are going to get all types of opinions because everyones ears are different. In my opinion, if you want to just go replacement and change the headunit later or if yo're going to change it now, look into the JBL GTO series. You dont need to go into the Power series if you are not planning an amp right now and the JBL's are made by the same manufacturer as the Infinitys. Both companies are Harmon Kardon companies. All of the other companies that have been mentioned make good speakers too so ultimately it's going to be upto you. I curretly have JBL GTO 6.5 coaxials in the back and Alpine TypeR components in the front running off on of the last really good Rockford 500X four channel amp and it sounds great.