Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Daytime running light/turn signal keeps going out...

Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Daytime running light/turn signal keeps going out...

I am pretty sure i replaced the socket on the front "parking light" on my trans am. It went out again! Is there a relay or something that controls it. I think it serves as a turn signal!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Check and see if there's moisture in there. If so, you'll keep blowing bulbs. This has happened to me a couple of time. My solution is to grab an air compressor and blow out all the water. It works for about a year or 2 before another bulb blows.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Launching!

check your accessory fuses. or your fuses in general
Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

there are 2 different types of cut in your lens for light projection purposes. about 1.5 inches in the middle (in front of the bulb) is different from the sides. this causes it to split from the rest during expansion and contraction. there are a few options to fix this

1. fill the cracks with clear acrylic.

2. seal the cracks and drill holes in the bottom of the housing (which isn't necessary if properly sealed)

3. i removed the old lens and replaced it with lexan acrylic. IT WON'T BREAK! but to make this look nice i had to paint the inside of the housing with a chrome paint and attach the whole lens with clear acrylic.

i did it kinda on accident i removed my old lens for cleaning and it broke in half. i figured i'd try something different before paying $60 for a new housing. i expected it to look ricer until it was finished and installed. now i even get compliments from other TA owners without me mentioning them.

after i was finished i found chrome looking hot glue sticks that may have looked even better but i'm happy with how they look now

it's really really difficult to see the cracks. i couldn't find them until i removed the housing (which is easy). You can see the 2 different cuts in the plastic with good light and just run silicon along both sides if you don't want to remove the housing.

i recommend you remove the housing either way you go to check for leaks though. also autozone has the same plugs for under $7ea if yours are corroded
Old 05-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skie
Check and see if there's moisture in there. If so, you'll keep blowing bulbs. This has happened to me a couple of time. My solution is to grab an air compressor and blow out all the water. It works for about a year or 2 before another bulb blows.
that didn't work for me i drive in the rain alot and my housings had 2" of water in them at one point i finally fixed them b/c i got a turn signal ticket

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Daytime running light/turn signal keeps going out...