Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installed an Alpine deck and tuner works but ipod/cd doesn't.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installed an Alpine deck and tuner works but ipod/cd doesn't.

Whats goin on guys? I just bought and installed a Alpine CDA-9886. I have all the wiring correct. I have a 95 Z28 with the bose system. When I play the tuner the system sounds fine, but when I switch to my Ipod or CD player the speaker switch off and sound only comes out of the subs. When I switch back you hear the speakers click back on and it starts working again. I called Alpine and the guy pretty much guaranteed me that it's because I have to run a remote wire to both the factory bose amp, and the amp I added, and it should work fine. So does this sound correct and what color, or where can I tie this in at?
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

it seems to me, you have your subs hooked up to your remote turn on wire, and you have the antenna wire connected to the antenna wire output, which is also activating your bose amp. there should be a blue and a blue and white in the harness to the car.

the blue white is your antenna and the blue goes to the amp turn on wire.

what is happening is you have the Bose amp turning on and off with the antenna wire, alpines lower and raise the antenna with the radio circuit. So when you turn the radio off, the antenna will lose voltage and lower, which in your case, it is shutting off the amp.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:58 AM
12 Second Club

Kick *** man! That worked! Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Installed an Alpine deck and tuner works but ipod/cd doesn't.