Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Question....yes I searched

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Question....yes I searched

OK, I am replacing my sail panel speakers with some 8" subs that will be powered off an amp. I already have some Memphis Components up front but will be replacing those and the very rear speakers with some different speakers.

Now, can I run the components and rear speakers off the stock amp and an aftermarket HU or should I get another amp to power those.

I have a 96 WS6 Bird, with the pre-Monsoon 10 speaker system.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you haven't done the 8" subs in the sail panels yet I highly recommend you don't cut the sail panels for this mod. I know from experience. I did this to my car. It works and it does sound ok but you can duplicate the same thing with a quality 6.5" subwoofer and aftermarket amp without cutting your car up. At the time I wasn't familiar with these drivers and if I had known they existed I wouldn't have cut into my car. The CDT M-6, M-6+, and ES-06+ will outperform most 8" subwoofers and require just a spacer to fit in the stock sail panel location. The xmax ranges from 10mm (M-6) to 15mm (ES-06+). PM me for more info if your interested.
You can run your doors and rear hatch from the stock amp, yes. If your going to go to the trouble of running the wires though, why not go ahead and go with a full aftermarket amp for all the speakers instead of just the sails? Just a thought.