Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless Entry Failing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Keyless Entry Failing?

Guys/Gals,

I have a 95 T/A and the keyless entry system has been slowly faiding over the past couple of years and is now not responding. The remotes do function (tested them on another vehicle) and they both have new batteries. I tried to reprogram the remotes using the jumper method to put it into program mode, jumping 4 and 8 on the DLC port, but nothing happens at all. Does this mean that my keyless receiver/module (behind the pass kick panel) is probably dead and if so how can I diagnose it is infact this before I pickup a spare one from a donor car? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain my factory keyless on my 99 Z is pretty bad I have to press it 15-20 times to get any response try swapping it and keep us posted im curious to know if that will fix it im about ready to just go aftermarket
Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just wanted to update everyone. Went to replace the Keyless entry mod last weekend and found that it was missing behind the pass kickpanel. The reason is GM pulled it when the GM alarm was installed (when the car was new) and the GM alarm module handles the keyless entry portion as well. So, I found the gm alarm mod under the lower dash panel (under the steering column) and might I add it's quite a brick - haha. Oh well, I unplugged the power from the module to reset it and BAM - it works. Both remotes now work and the car has no more issues with the keyless entry. Sometimes a good reset works wonders.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Maybe they used WinDoze as their operating system.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Maybe they used WinDoze as their operating system.
Slowly crapping out over time... sure does sound like it, don't it?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think it's crapping out, just had the battery diconnected on and off recently due to working on the car and think the alarm module had issues with that. Resetting it seemed to work and haven't had an issue yet and the alarm works flawlessly.