Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Security Light Flashing.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Security Light Flashing.....

OK, first off I used the search button and read tons of posts to try and find an answer but no luck. I have a 2000 WS6, the ignition switch was replaced bout 2-3 years ago.

Ok, about 2 months ago i put the key in and turned the key to the acc mode all lights came on and the Security light stayed on and wouldnt let me start. So i waited 2-3 min and then it started. Car did this 7-10 more times within the last 2 months. recently when I started my car and was driving around the Security light stayed on the whole time. tonight I went out to start my car and when i turn the key the Security light Flashes and car wont start. I came in here got on here and read somthing about wiggling the key, tried that and eventually i was able to start it, so i turned it off and waited 19 min and tried to start it again and did the same thing...then i noticed the resistor on my key is a lil loose. i can wiggle it. Could that be my problem??? Also is there a way to bypass it? the only vats bypass I found was for LT1's and I didnt know if it was the same for LS1's. thanks for your guys time!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=bypass+vats
Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Sounds to me like a new key would probably solve the problem. The security light flashes when the VATS system can't read the resistor pellet in the key. If the pellet is loose then that would seem to be the source of the problem. Try using your spare key and/or get a new key cut.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

I replaced the ignition cylinder, the two skinny as hell wires that connect to the ignition cylinder were broke, well one was broke in half and the other was cracked! that fixed it! This time I wrapped electrical tape around them so hopefully that will help them not break again!

Quick Reply: Security Light Flashing.....