Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new speakers

I drive a 94' TA, and I have put a small amp and sub in a while back, but I think my speakers are stock. My driver side speaker cuts out all the time (probably bad wiring... but I don't know) and both front ones sound like crap, no sound at all from the mids, and the backs are alright. But anyways I'm tired of all of them, and I'd like to replace them all including speakers.

When i was in the process of buying my sub I read up about the 2ohms stuff but I forgot mostly now. If I'm lazy and just want to buy everything from best buy and let them install it, do they offer any that work with 2ohms, or would I have to buy the speakers myself? I can do it, I'm not sure if I really feel like it though.

Anyone want to point me to a thread or suggest an upgrade for all of them?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock radio?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Sorry- forgot to mention... I do have an aftermarket headunit. It's a Sony 5700 or something
Old 08-07-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO go with standard 4 ohm coaxials and bypass bose amp and wire straight to radio
Old 08-16-2008, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
IMO go with standard 4 ohm coaxials and bypass bose amp and wire straight to radio
I have no idea what that is talking about really :o I need like actual speaker names/links or something... I'm a bit on the less technical side of it.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can help you with speakers if you need some. I put together alot of systems for F-body's. I agree with Pentavolvo though, either bypass the Bose system by running directly to the radio or you also have the option of going with an aftermarket amp to power your speakers as well. Using the Sony HU will get you sound you can live with, running an aftermarket amp will get you good sound quality and power. It really depends on what you want out of it and what your budget is, just like any performance modification.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I can help you with speakers if you need some. I put together alot of systems for F-body's. I agree with Pentavolvo though, either bypass the Bose system by running directly to the radio or you also have the option of going with an aftermarket amp to power your speakers as well. Using the Sony HU will get you sound you can live with, running an aftermarket amp will get you good sound quality and power. It really depends on what you want out of it and what your budget is, just like any performance modification.
So it's not worth trying to use my stock amp? I really just didn't feel like having to mount another amp somewhere, but I could... I have an amp rack setup in the back for my stealth sub. There's def room for another if i wanted to though I believe. I'm not looking for anything crazy loud or anything, just decent sound really. I sent you a PM last week by the way... I haven't really decided how much I want to spend yet, just curious of what my options are too.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent.