Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What to do about monsoon..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What to do about monsoon..

Ok guys, here's the deal.
I just got an 02 SS, after selling my old 97 v6. My 97 didnt have the monsoon, and it had aftermarket speakers and HU anyway, so i never worried about that.
The 02 has the stock HU with monsoon speakers all around. But the speakers rattle (mainly doors) and even if i set the fade all the way to the back there isn't much bass, at least not for the monsoon at all. Plus even those rattle some.
At first i thought maybe the previous owner took out the factory amp to fit a bottle back there, but when i looked, the amp is still tucked back there, everything plugged in just fine.
Is there any reason, besides the speakers being blown to have basically no bass? The rears don't rattle too bad, more than they should but not too bad. The fronts, definately should be replaced i know..

I guess eventually, when my wallet gets back on its feet i'll be taking all the monsoon stuff out and replacing it anyway, but who knows how long that might be..