Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headlights Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlights Stopped Working

I was driving my 93 Trans Am home the other night when I noticed niether of my headlights was working. They pop up and go down properly but they do not light up. I also noticed about the same time that my righ turn signal stays lit the entire time my headlight switch is turned on. I couldn't find a fuse that said headlights so I checked them all and they were fine. Is there a module that I should check or is this probably a wiring problem. If so, should I start at the headlights and just trace the wires backwards?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

High beams work OK? The 93's dont have DRL's right? Try unplugging the headlight module. I'm not sure if the 93's had it or not, but if you do have one it mounts just behind the LH headlamp. Its a black plastic box ith 2 connectors going to it.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

No, they won't work on high beam or low beam. So what can I determine from unplugging that? I'll try it when I get home.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well sometimes unplugging and plugging back in resets the module. It sounds like you have a dimmer switch problem or a headlamp switch problem.

If you have a test light you can follow the chart below to narrow it down.
Attached Thumbnails Headlights Stopped Working-42125115.gif