Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

my amp's is having some problems! help!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Location: Heidelberg Germany (1.4 miles from famous Hockenheim Ring)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my amp is having some problems! help!

First off, sorry for the essay, i just have to explain everthing... wish i could write that much in school!

ok guys well some of you know i'm in the middle of going through a change of the bass area of my sound system. I've got my t-top box and my amp (Pioneer GM-5200T) but the subs havent arrived yet. I had a drivers side stealth enclosure with an MTX Black gold sub (just found out that things older than my car ) i blew that sub, and i also blew another sub that i had laying around. Before i blew the most recent of the two, the two 30 amp fuses that were on my amp blew. I replaced those today and i blew the sub on the way home, i noticed that the amp was extremely hot and one of my fuses was getting a bit wavey.

Now to the questions, is this because i'm running it on the sub that is now blown, overpowering maybe even over the rated maximum of the sub (didnt think i turned it up that loud :S) or could it be that i have a **** ground? (the previous ground wire was too short and the screw is way too tight, going to drill it out tonight) so i just stuck it under this metal thing that is like sandwitched on the rest of the body under the drivers side rear speaker holder cover thingy.

i'll be getting my 2 new subs soon which together have a lower rms than the amps rms, so i guess i'll see then anyways

EDIT: I should also note, before the sub was blown, when it hit, the volt meter when from 13 to 11 and so on, the lights dimmed, and the whine of the AIR pump was fluctuating with the bass.

Last edited by Darksolder; 08-22-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

bumpeh'!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

bump again! I would like to know if i should return the amp, if it's faulty. I've only got about 20days left and i dont know if my subs will get here in time...

Search this Thread