Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with Ipod/monsoon playback

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with Ipod/monsoon playback

I need help with playback from my ipod through the monsoon system. I have the Ipod apapter (connects to cd changer port on back of HU) and it charges my ipod when plugged in and also allows me to playback songs from the ipod through my factory stereo! Awesome!!! But....I have no clue how to select the songs I want through the Head unit. It just seems to play me random songs off of the ipod! How do I know how to find the music I want to find, when I want to find it???
Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think you can use the HU

you may have to select it on the ipod. but i could be wrong.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

I have the Peripherial iPod2car adapter and LOVE it. You should be able to use the HU and steering wheel buttons to go to the next song, or back to the last song. I have a feeling you may have your HU 'random' button activated. I don't remember offhand which button that is (it's not even marked on my HU), so you may have to check your owners manual.

The only time I touch the iPod is when I want to change to a different playlist or album.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmpitzer
I have the Peripherial iPod2car adapter and LOVE it. You should be able to use the HU and steering wheel buttons to go to the next song, or back to the last song. I have a feeling you may have your HU 'random' button activated. I don't remember offhand which button that is (it's not even marked on my HU), so you may have to check your owners manual.

The only time I touch the iPod is when I want to change to a different playlist or album.

Well that's what I mean. If I just pick my playlist off of my ipod i can play from that playlist using the HU and steering wheel controls. But HOW do I pick a playlist from my ipod unless i disconnect my ipod(i have NO control over the ipod once it is connected to HU). Only through the HU do I have control over the ipod (skip forward, volume etc.). But it seems as though I don't know how to pick/play a playlist off the ipod through the HU. I just get songs ranging from disk 1 track 1 - disk 6 track 99??? How can I select WHICH song I want to play? Maybe I just need to play around with it a little more.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default I'll post my main question here again.

I'm still personally confused how to select songs with my ipod using my monsoon. All the music sounds great and I can select tracks to play off of my ipod. However, I have over 800 songs on my ipod nano and use the ipod interface/adapter to connect to the factory stereo through the cd/changer port on the back of the HU.

But the only way I can select a song is by selecting either "DISK 1-6" or "Track 1-99". How can I play the song I want? It is such a guessing game what disk and track to pick to find the song I want.

Is it possible somehow to create playlists on ITUNES and play ONLY those playlists while in my car? So I can limit how many tracks I have to scroll through in my car to "guess" the whereabouts of a particular song?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oddwraith
But HOW do I pick a playlist from my ipod unless i disconnect my ipod(i have NO control over the ipod once it is connected to HU).
Hmmmmm, that is odd. I can control my iPod just fine while it's connected to the car. I just pick it up and choose a playlist, then put it back in the console and let the HU control it. I haven't been able to use the HU to change playlists.

Are you sure you have the dip switches set correctly on the converter for your car?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmpitzer
Hmmmmm, that is odd. I can control my iPod just fine while it's connected to the car. I just pick it up and choose a playlist, then put it back in the console and let the HU control it. I haven't been able to use the HU to change playlists.

Are you sure you have the dip switches set correctly on the converter for your car?
Well maybe because you are using an aftermarket HU. Mine is factory. I will definitely check the switches though. How should they be set? I have two dip switches on the module and both are set to on. Thanks
Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Nope, I'm not using an aftermarket HU, I have the factory Monsoon system, and a Monsoon HU from a 2002 TA (97 CD HU won't work with the ipod adapter).