Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Got Alpine 1.1000 amp and 2 10" type R SWR 1022 subs

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Got Alpine 1.1000 amp and 2 10" type R SWR 1022 subs

I only have one 10" sub plugged in, because I'm not sure how to wire in the 2nd 10" sub.

the amp runs @1000 watts rms either 2ohm or 4ohms, the subs are both 2ohms...

I heard that since the subs are both 2 ohms if I plug in both subs I'll be running @1ohm and my amp would not be stable, but I'm not sure why.

I saw a diagram showing i have to wire up a positive wire from one 10" to the other 10" to increase the ohms???

Is this correct?

I'm confused here, don't know what to do at this point, do you guys have suggestions as to the right way to do this?

The reason that I'm asking is that I blew my first 1.1000 amp, I had this other one on standby because I was going to hook up both amps and run them through their own sub, but since the first amp blew, I am going to run both the type R 10" subs through the one amp like I did before, but I want to make sure I wire it correctly cuz I don't want to fry this other amp.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this site should help, just put in the quantity and impedance and search and it comes up with a bunch of different ways

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

your obviously gonna want wiring option number 2
Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by #8sprkplug
this site should help, just put in the quantity and impedance and search and it comes up with a bunch of different ways

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

your obviously gonna want wiring option number 2
Thank you sir!