Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

turn signal problem

Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal problem

ok i have been searching the threads and havent seen anyone with the same problem as me and i have no idea whats wrong.

My passenger side turn signal on my formula works fine during the day while my headlights are not on. When i turn my headlights on the arrow in my guages stays lit and my turn signal will not light up while NOT in use. When i use the turn signal it blinks fine. But as soon as i make then turn and the blinker is off is goes back to being dead. Any suggestions at all.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds to me like you have a bad ground or something crossing another.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

did you check for a blown bulb?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

bulbs are fine i replaced them all. and also the flasher
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The flasher? If the turn signals are working why would you replace the flasher? Remember, the front bulbs are dual filament - a bright filament for turn signals and daytime running lights, and a dim filament for running lights when the headlights are on. They are completely separate circuits and your description sounds like only the dim filament isn't working. Chances are you have a corroded socket or a break in the brown wire somewhere.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The flasher? If the turn signals are working why would you replace the flasher? Remember, the front bulbs are dual filament - a bright filament for turn signals and daytime running lights, and a dim filament for running lights when the headlights are on. They are completely separate circuits and your description sounds like only the dim filament isn't working. Chances are you have a corroded socket or a break in the brown wire somewhere.
i was just stating i replaced the flasher. When the flasher went on my car i got a new one and got all new bulbs. I am actually getting new sockets today so well see if that fixes it. Both sockets look like they went through a fire haha

Search this Thread