Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How do you change the Trans Am guages for others

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you change the Trans Am guages for others

I have a 98 Trans Am and I'm really not digging the red/orange dash lights. I'm changing the Head unit out and the steering wheel control lights are burnt out as well. I know they make aftermarket lighting for camaros but last I checked on the trans am, the orangish lighting was caused by the plastic the guages are on not the lights. So I guess what I'm asking is, will the camaro cluster work or is there someone that makes aftermarket lighting for trans ams? I know being a 98 things are different as well.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could swap it out for a Camaro gauge cluster so you could use different colored lighting.. or you could get one of these gauge cluster faces (you peel your old one off and lay your on):
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4#post10139834

His photobucket account has exceeded its bandwidth usage for the month, but you should be able to see the pics in a few days once the 1st rolls around. They look fantastic. Or you can PM him and have him e-mail you some pics.