Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro Convertible Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Convertible Speakers

OK I know this has been asked a million times but can I get a good reccomendation for upgrading what I currently have in the vert.

Currently I am running a Kenwood reciever, Kicker 6.5in speakers and a Sony Xplod 4 channel amp. They sound alright but have next to no bass AT ALL lol. I like to really crank it up sonetimes with the top down and I want a good speaker that won't break the bank, but doesnt distort when ramped up. Any suggestions??

Also any sub suggestions (within reason) for the convertible with loosing minimal trunk space? Thanks a ton fellas...
Old 09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

i am wondering the same thing..honestly i have subs in mine but with the top down you really cant hear them very well so i am thinking about buying some boston acoustics 6.5 component speakers. I have heard that you can actually connect the component pieces to the speaker so you will get great all around sound. I am also thinking about ditching the subs and getting a 4 channel to power those speakers, the subs take up to much space and are heavy as hell.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

my speakers sound ok. they have awesome highs but thats about all they have going for them lol... just wish i could get some bass in there without loosing much space
Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

yeah that is the biggest problem with verts...you could buy a stealth box for the passenger side. You would just have to remove your jack and spare tire but you would still have your whole trunk
Old 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

BUMP anyone got any input??
Old 10-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having a special on the new CDT 4-channel amp. I just got my shipment in today. CDT also has their new "Play it Loud" components (combo #3) that would offer good bass response. Check out the deals on these and other amp/speaker combos I have:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...8#post10181018

The new CDT amp is a high end amp made to be loud but maintain clarity at high volume. The SQA-4100 is supposed to be $499.00 by itself. I also have several other component sets from CDT available that have good bass response.
To help get optimal bass from the doors you should also consider sound deadener. This would help alot.