Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple quick runs with a Maserati

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple quick runs with a Maserati

I normally don't post races that aren't clean runs from a stop or from a 3-beep roll, but I'll make an exception for a Maserati. It's the Gran Turismo GT-S model (47 badge in the back).. took me about 15 minutes of searching to find this. Bottle was cold, but I would've sprayed if it wasn't. I really gotta invest in Nano.. I'm sick of waiting for the bottle heater.

We're in traffic and he rolls past me.. light turns yellow at the perfect time, allowing me to get second in line behind him in the right lane. As soon as the light goes green he mashes it. I follow, switching to the left lane. It seemed like I was slowly inching on him, but it was tough to tell.

He slows to about 65 and I downshift to third.. probably should've went to second, but oh well. I reach for the horn to do the 3 honks and he takes off, jumping about a car before I get into it. I slowed his pull and ran to the top of third before I shut down for a car in front of me. I might've pulled 2-3 feet.

We exchanged thumbs up. Hit a light and he had a big grin on his face. I told him 'nice car' and we went our separate ways. Amazing looking car and even nicer to see one driven hard. I would've loved to have been next to him at the light or to get a cleaner roll run in. Unfortunately, there may not be a next time.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
I normally don't post races that aren't clean runs from a stop or from a 3-beep roll, but I'll make an exception for a Maserati. It's the Gran Turismo GT-S model (47 badge in the back).. took me about 15 minutes of searching to find this. Bottle was cold, but I would've sprayed if it wasn't. I really gotta invest in Nano.. I'm sick of waiting for the bottle heater.

We're in traffic and he rolls past me.. light turns yellow at the perfect time, allowing me to get second in line behind him in the right lane. As soon as the light goes green he mashes it. I follow, switching to the left lane. It seemed like I was slowly inching on him, but it was tough to tell.

He slows to about 65 and I downshift to third.. probably should've went to second, but oh well. I reach for the horn to do the 3 honks and he takes off, jumping about a car before I get into it. I slowed his pull and ran to the top of third before I shut down for a car in front of me. I might've pulled 2-3 feet.

We exchanged thumbs up. Hit a light and he had a big grin on his face. I told him 'nice car' and we went our separate ways. Amazing looking car and even nicer to see one driven hard. I would've loved to have been next to him at the light or to get a cleaner roll run in. Unfortunately, there may not be a next time.
Don't you just get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you race and beat/hang with a car costing exponentially more than yours?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are nice but not that fast. You would have killed him from a light w/o nitrous...if you could hook.

I know all about the should've went to 2nd thing...good kill anyway
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

Sweet kill OP! Just getting a rich bastard to run with you is a challenge and a sucess in itself!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by httrdd
Sweet kill OP! Just getting a rich bastard to run with you is a challenge and a sucess in itself!
No challenge at all in this case. I didn't even rev at him.. he just took off from the light. It was pretty cool to see a guy with that kind of car egging the race on.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice run you got there. Reminds me of the old dude that had a 360 Modena in my area. He had no idea there was a difference between flywheel hp and rear wheel when I said my car made 490.........What I mean is running a "rich" guy in super expensive car and winning or making it close.

Good run bro.