Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nothing Special but my first :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nothing Special but my first :D

as much as i drive my camaro, and as many ricers, mustang, and fellow f-body guys are around where i am. ive never had the opportunity to pull along someone and get some good runs in. its been pissing me off quite alot. but today i decided to just go for a nice drive. i wasnt looking for anything, just a long 100 mile cruise like ive been doing recently. i was south on 87 when an all black TL pulled along side of me. my heart sped up along with my engine as i dropped it down into 4th at 60 to see what he wanted to do. i gave it alittle goose to see if he was hooked. he sure was! just after i came off the gas he floored it! he pulled pretty well. but my 94 Z pulled just a tiny bit better. i matched his speed around 80 and passed him before i topped out 4th. i was Stoked! but i wanted more! i slow down to around 50 and he does the same, this time i put her in 3rd and give it 2 honks. i let him go first but it was pointless. i pulled right past him in 3rd at that speed and when i shifted it into 4th i was atleast a cars length on him. by the time i shut down around 100 the gap was more like afew buses! the joy couldnt be contained and we had only about 2-3 miles before we hit the toll booths where i knew there would be some form of police. this time i told him to slow it down even more and i drop it into 2nd at 40. the two guys in the car were really cool giving me the thumbs up and laughing from probably how deaf they were going when i blew passed them with their windows down again i let him get the jump and yet again it was pointless but Fun as hell! in 2nd gear my car pulled like a raped ape up through 4th when i shut down around 80. it had seemed he didnt even punch it but he certainly did when we parted ways at the toll booth they honked and waved and i returned the favor. it was a great night. i really needed it to boost my moral. ive been depressed and this was a great remedy! sorry for the long post for not that special of a race for most. but it was for me!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good freeway rolls with a cool driver always gets the blood pumping good kill OP I've been in a 2007 TL-S under WOT Nice car pulls okay for a 6cyl but is more smooth and luxerious than fast especially for a LT/LS... I can say that bitch was smooth as glass at 120mph though! I have not had a good run in forever also, **** I'd kill a yugo right now if he wanted to go!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

lmao watch out youll go against a yugo with a 454 LSx one of these days XD but that TL was nice. for a 6 it was impressive. just not enough for my shitty running bolt on LT1 with 155k miles shortly after that i had run into a TL Type S but they didnt wanna play i really wanted to make it 2-2 but oh well next time!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
lmao watch out youll go against a yugo with a 454 LSx one of these days XD but that TL was nice. for a 6 it was impressive. just not enough for my shitty running bolt on LT1 with 155k miles shortly after that i had run into a TL Type S but they didnt wanna play i really wanted to make it 2-2 but oh well next time!
You prolly want to mess with a 2009 TL! I think the new ones are ugly as hell but they are as quick as the 2007 TLtypeS's.... Or try and find a 2005 TL-aspec! they are a little faster the the type-s's! The 2004 - 2008 Tl's are VERY sexy, to bad they have almost NOTHING performance wise that you can do other then drop a few g's on a supercharger that only adds a max of 80hp to the crank!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
You prolly want to mess with a 2009 TL! I think the new ones are ugly as hell but they are as quick as the 2007 TLtypeS's.... Or try and find a 2005 TL-aspec! they are a little faster the the type-s's! The 2004 - 2008 Tl's are VERY sexy, to bad they have almost NOTHING performance wise that you can do other then drop a few g's on a supercharger that only adds a max of 80hp to the crank!!!!
id be up for any kinda race against anyone! idc aslong as its all in good context idc. but thanks for the advice yeah there not my style of car. im more like an 82 impala with plans of an LS2 swap
Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice kill op! and btw were you in new rochelle this week? i think i saw your car(but theres a lot of camaros out there)
Old 01-24-2009, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

A good kill always cures all. I know how you feel been on plenty of kill cruises myself.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Misleading title...............

I expected to see a post about an intimate time with a large woman.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Very Very sexy cars, My mom (Let me remind you I'm 18 lol and 17 at the time) Had a 2005 TL with the v6 3.2L Vtec with K&N and Custom Exhaust, It ran very high 13's until about 40k on it haha Ate the rings up fast. Man oh Man i would buy one of those in a heart beat, you can fly down the freeway at 120 and not even notice it. The fastest i ever took it was 140, and the damn sunroof thingy visor ripped of haha scared the **** out of me.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
nice kill op! and btw were you in new rochelle this week? i think i saw your car(but theres a lot of camaros out there)
nahh not new rochelle, yonkers and what used to be white plains alot :\ yeah my car is the only white 94 Z with half racing stripes on the back only

Originally Posted by ChevyS10sbc
Very Very sexy cars, My mom (Let me remind you I'm 18 lol and 17 at the time) Had a 2005 TL with the v6 3.2L Vtec with K&N and Custom Exhaust, It ran very high 13's until about 40k on it haha Ate the rings up fast. Man oh Man i would buy one of those in a heart beat, you can fly down the freeway at 120 and not even notice it. The fastest i ever took it was 140, and the damn sunroof thingy visor ripped of haha scared the **** out of me.
yeah the car looked So smooth the entire time. meanwhile when i get to 4 grand the car shakes from my exhaust. it just resonates real bad for some reason

Originally Posted by noboundreez2345
A good kill always cures all. I know how you feel been on plenty of kill cruises myself.
yeah tell me about it i really needed it. ive been going into the blues. real bad blues :\
Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
id be up for any kinda race against anyone! idc aslong as its all in good context idc. but thanks for the advice yeah there not my style of car. im more like an 82 impala with plans of an LS2 swap
lol.... I'd take an F-body over a TL ANY DAY!!! The TL's just dont have enough that you can do to them... If you get a LS2 swaped Impala, that is gonna be sick!!!