Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Broke two cars last night.(kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke two cars last night.(kinda long)

Well, I went out for another wonderful night of street racing. Every Saturday baby.

Anyway, I got a race with some "fast" eclipse. I think he said it went mid 12's at 110+. So we raced from a roll, and I absolutely obliterated this dude. A friend of mine had his video camera, and I beat him so bad that you can't even see him in the video. The lense wasn't wide enough. All you see is me leaving with about 5 cars of empty space. No eclipse. I'd post the vid, but I don't have all the **** to put a video tape onto a computer.

So, my second race was with some really old Mustang. Like a late 60's or so. Not sure what kinda motor, but I know he was spraying a fairly big shot, and the Mustang sounded mean as hell. Well, we also went from a roll. Right off the bat, I put about a car on him, then all of a sudden, he just falls way back. I slowed down and looked in my side mirror, and saw sparks coming from under his car. We pulled over, and it turned out that the back of his driveshaft had come undone, and he was dragging it. Driveshaft loop??? Nah, who needs one. The video of that race was pretty funny too.

Okay, one more.. Raced this old GTO with a 355 and again, a rather large shot of N2O. We went from a roll AGAIN. At the third honk, we got on it. We were dead even until he shifted,(he went from first, I went from second at 30mph) and I started putting about 4 cars on him through second. When I went to third, he started catching back up very slowly, then at about 130, he just stayed right where he was, 2 cars back. I took it to 150, let off, and looked behind me. POOF!!!!! All I saw was the GTO decelerating, and a HUGE cloud of smoke behind him. Uh oh. So, I slowed down, and turned around to see what happened. Turned out that he blew some kind of oil line and SEIZED his motor. They couldn't get it to turn over at all. What made matters worse, is that he had just got finished building the car, and this was his first time out. I felt bad for the guy, but he said he was VERY impressed by my car. He thought he was gonna smoke me.

My friends were making jokes the rest of the night saying stuff like........"Dude, two cars broke trying to beat you tonight." I'm not one to take pleasure in someone elses misfortune, but I still saw the humor in it.

Sorry so long, and thanks for reading. LS1's ROCK!!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Broke two cars last night.(kinda long)

Nice kills dude... literally
Old 10-05-2003, 11:58 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, LS1's rock. Nice kills! Don't ever come near my car!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks about the GTO.. good kills! Eclipses are the biggest bitch cars, ever.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, LS1's rock. Nice kills! Don't ever come near my car!
Hahaha. Some of my friends were saying that last night too.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

thats my boy, is anyone selling an ls1. email me @ jmahoney1@gt.rr.com. My Grand National is sold and i have to drive a 4-cyl GMC Sonoma 5 Speed. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

and im too young for a vette.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:39 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha nice kills ... eclipses are for women, and you just proved that once again ...

Quick Reply: Broke two cars last night.(kinda long)