Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 2500HD vs 95 5.slow :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 2500HD vs 95 5.slow :D

Ok so my girlfriend and I are out eating with my parents at Bob Evans today. When we are done eating she wants to go to drug mart but on the way there she said she forgot her money so we decide to just head back to her place.

As fate would have it I see this black Mustang with dual exhaust and GT badges enter the interstate ahead of us. Now of course I'm in the Chevy 2500 6.0L and not the TA but whatever. I decide I would pass him and see if he does anything... Nothing. Alright cool. I keep speeding away and sure enough he starts to follow me. And gets off at the same exit as me.

So I turn now the road to head to my girls house and he follows me on to this road. Now being the guy I am I know there is a straight stretch coming up so I decide to drive about 5 under the limit of 55. I see him drop back about 3 or 4 lengths then start hauling towards me. I gave it some gas then when he crossed the yellow line I put it to the floor. This is a really bad spot for the truck because of the gearing. So it only downshifted once. Anyhow as he is coming around me I stop his pull and we are dead even with him out just one car.

I started to laugh and my girlfriend asked what was funny and I said I just stayed with a guy who has a V8 in his car and I'm in a full sized truck. She didn't get it... Anyhow.

We keep driving down the road and there is a truck in front of him who slows down to turn off and after that its a nice long stretch. So we are going about 10 and I wait until about 25 to slam the go fast pedal. I take off to pass obviously having the jump this time. Well as I'm beside him I hear his car downshift but I still get out to about a 3 car lead. I hold the lead all the way up to about 85 when we shut it down. He never really gained or lossed more lengths after 3.

Anyhow I proceed to turn again and he follows and then I turn into her driveway and he follows again. Now I'm like WTF! He gets out and has a big grin and comes over to shake my hand. He said he just wanted to stop and say thanks for the fun. He said he hadn't had it out in about 5 or 6 weeks and said it was fun. So we talk about cars and trucks for a little. I asked if he had the 5.0 in it and he said he did. From the looks of it, it only looked like he had rims and a new grill on the car. Then he said he was from South Carolina. Here through work. He was actually living only a few miles from my girlfriends house. Hopefully he will still be here when summer gets here then we'll get the TA out.

Personally i think its sad how well I could hang with him. But who knows. His car sounded like an automatic and stock exhaust so I don't think it was driver mod but who knows...

*Cliffs* Raced a 5.0 in the truck and pretty much were dead even after figuring in the lead time.

Last edited by araber89; 02-15-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell yeah big truck kills are the best! my buddy used to have an '06 HD with the duramax/banks/exhaust/power mod until a wrx totaled it but it was a blast destroying hi-po cars in it. the looks on peoples faces were priceless lol
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Auto 5.slows are one of the worst performing Mustangs around IMO.

Good kill, but I was dissapointed you didn't just blow smoke all over him with a Dirtymax.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Teching In

+2 i was expecting a diesel also
Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Where did you find any straight roads in Holmes County? haha
Old 02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Kiser10
Where did you find any straight roads in Holmes County? haha
Haha...! That's why we had to race by passing and gunning and not lining up and beeping it off.

You make it into Holmes County much?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Every once in a while when i need some Swiss Cheese(best place to get it!) & some Der Dutchmen haha
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Haha... Swiss cheese is the best!!! And I can only handle so much Der Dutchman but really I don't need to go there because my parents used to be Amish so there family's still are which means good eating at the get togethers
Old 02-17-2009, 02:09 AM
10 Second Club

Nice kill OP I thought you had a Dirtymax also before I got into the post. Those auto 5.0's are like 15.5 cars bone stock so that truck aint bad. Good thing the road wasn't a little longer or you woulda smacked into that speed limiter and got killed.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

haha yess the truck ciuses nice at 100mph at 4k rpms and not a lick more