Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beautiful Day (Run in with a Z06 + some random stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Beautiful Day (Run in with a Z06 + some random stuff)

To go straight to the Z06 story, skip to the dotted line.

So last week I started getting the "oil change" light on the '99 and I decide to do it on the weekend. I go to pickup the oil in my mom's Mini Cooper (non-S). As I'm driving there I see in a rear view, a red 6 series BMW following pretty tightly. So we pull up to a red and he cuts in the left next to me. I knew he was going to pull something so I "shifted" into 1. The light turns green, he rolls a little and takes off and I gunned it right behind him. I don't know if he was trying but I had im till "2nd". So he flew off and I turned into CVS and then to AutoZone to get my 5w-30 Quaker State Horsepower. I changed the oil the next day.

--

With fresh oil in the block, I had to break it in. So I drove it around on the weekend, up and around the block. I had my work study job this morning. I take the '99 to school because I told my mom I still had to break the oil in lol. I drive to school and see that the gym is closed (where I work). I get pissed because no one told me earlier and I just wasted gas and went through tolls for nothing. So I hop in the car and start driving home. I take it to a quick 110 for the first time because both sides of the road were blocked off and there was no traffic.
Now comes the good stuff. As I'm making a turn onto this pretty wide and open road (THANK YOU PRESIDENT'S DAY), I see a nice car in my rear view. Turns out to be an amazing looking silver Vette. I drive normally and I see him weave through the few cars behind me catching up. So I do a little weaving myself and get ahead of the 3 cars infront. He pulls straight behind me so I look around and speed up a little. He stays with me. We pull up to a red and I glance over. I look it over and what do ya know, it's a Z06. So I throw on this big grin on my face and roll equal to him. The light turns green and he rolls a little and takes off fairly quick. I see that happening and I follow what he does. We open the cars up and accelerate heavily. We were pretty evenly accelerating, but he was about half a car length ahead. I didn't push it because I've seen cops in the area before, but our cars sung along. He cuts over into my lane because there was a huge bump in the road, I slowed down to let him in cause I knew it was there. So after the bump I proceed to follow him. There was a cop infront so we slowed down. The cop turned off and I followed the Z06 over the bridge.
It gets better. I decide to miss my exit and follow him, seeing as I had time on my hands and the guy seemed nice racing. So I follow him through some streets. We get to this huge 4-5 lane (each side) road. The road was practically clear with fairly distant lights. So I pulled in a lane next to him at a red. We pull a couple of times, just light fooling around and then we get to the last light which after that is blank open road. Fortunately for us, the light turned red as we pulled up. I knew then and there it was all out. He sits in 1st with his foor on the clutch and gas, and I stayed on my brake. The light turns green, he inches forward and guns it. I floor it with him. I loose the rear about 2 feet up and traction control kicked in. Keep in mind I had my winter beater 245s on. I think he was being fair and slowed a little for me to catch grip. So as soon as I did, we were both going ***** out. I don't think he thought I was serious competition and he up shifted and flew. I rammed the gas and caught up with him. We had to have hit into the triple digits and in that quick time. It was one heart pumping moment. I didn't fully floor it, about 3/4-7/8 throttle, because I was afraid of the po-po. He was about a car and a half out infront. I think I could've closed the gap, but as we kept pulling, the light back to the normal 2lane streets was coming up and we slowed the crap down. I looked out in front and there was these 2 cops on the other side of the light with a car pulled over. I got worried, but I don't think he was cause he sped off right infront of them. I rolled by and never saw Mr. Silver Z06 again.
So I want to thank Z06 dude for giving me an epic run.

Sorry for the long read, but I had to get the enjoyment out.

Last edited by KnightmareCS; 02-16-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, Very nice run OP!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man! Nice looking CTS btw, very clean.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is done to your car?? This could be a shens post....
Old 02-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
What is done to your car?? This could be a shens post....
What's a shens post? I bought the car off a member on this board, so I'll list what he told me:
Cartek Stage 2 Heads and Cams, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp Cams valve springs, 3-angle valve job and port work designed for high velocity and high flow, Comp Cams chrome-moly pushrods, LS6 intake manifold smoothed with sanding rolls for better flow and port-matched to the cylinder heads, FLP long-tube headers, Borla exhaust system.
Level 4 FLT 4l60e, shift kit, 4400 torque converter, 4.10 gears.
Performance Automotive tubular K-member, PA's tubular A-arms, Stealth Suspension Component torque arm, panhard rod, lower control arms
Old 02-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Launching!

i read it but missed the part where it was a c5z or c6z...
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

sorry, c6z
Old 02-20-2009, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

nice run man! sounds like a stout car you got yourself their too! 4.10's and a 4400RPM stall i bet is nasty out of the hole!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

thanks dude! it's nasty... only when it hooks a minute later lol. traction is a big enemy at these cold temperaturess
Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Honorable death buddy to the mighty Z

peace
Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Sick car man...love the paint scheme. Samurai Death.

Last edited by TheTugBoat; 02-21-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Launching!

nice story and sounds like you had a good time. Just keep lookin out for da popo
Old 02-21-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill man sounds like your car has some serious *****!! were did you get those stripes done at i have a black ws6 and i wanted to get red stripes just wondering
Old 02-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bad95killer
Honorable death buddy to the mighty Z
peace
yeahh man, no doubt. but once it's all out summer, i'd like to go toe-to-toe at the strip

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
Sick car man...love the paint scheme. Samurai Death.
thanks man, haha i managed to catch your black/white color comment earlier. no prob though, it changes colors with light/angles so its easy to think its black white.

Originally Posted by Killemall
nice story and sounds like you had a good time. Just keep lookin out for da popo
trueeee that. best part would have been when he dropped back, kicked it down a gear and smashed the throttle. just watching that was awesome

Originally Posted by 97ta383
Nice kill man sounds like your car has some serious *****!! were did you get those stripes done at i have a black ws6 and i wanted to get red stripes just wondering
sorry, i don't know where it was done. the previous owner did it after ditching the vinyl stripes. i could provide you more pics if you need a better idea of how they look. thanks for the compliments
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Launching!

I did vinyl stripes on my C5..Was very easy and took about 3 hours..Turned out perfect. Just look up ws6 stripes or firebird stripes or what ever. You'll find a vinyl guy that can help you out..
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet thanks yea man your car looks very nice i like the scheme!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

pm'd ya