Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New Edge GT got the business

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Edge GT got the business

Tl;dr title says it all.

First kill in a long time, and first real kill for this car as well. Coming home from work I go on a 3 lane road, 50 mph speed limit. There is lots of traffic and I'm minding my own and driving 45 because of all the tards in front of me. I see a Brownish color GT coming up fast, I can tell hes got his eye on me.

After he switched lanes like 45 times He finally flies up to the right of me. Its a guy and his buddy, both looking all excited until they see my triple guage pod, I guess it scared them because they pointed and then dropped back a bit. He eventually works himself up to the "I drive a 'stang I got this ****" mode, and gets next to me again right as we catch a light, first in line.

We all know its on at this point, I can't talk to him since my window don't roll down, but the light goes green and he stomps it. I baby it out of the hole, and across the intersection before I floor it (traffic cameras, 10 bolt, ricer excuses etc) so hes about 1 car up on me on the other side, going like 40. I slam 2nd and pass him like he threw out an anchor, by 80 I have 2 or more cars on him and shut down, already going too fast in a 50. We hit the next light and give thumbs up, we go our separate ways. His buddy had his cell phone camera on me the whole time so I'll assume theres a vid, don't know if it will ever pop up.

Mustang sounded good, probably exhaust and thats it. He looked like he just bought the car since he obviously was mostly stock and had no fear of a car running back tires as wide as both of his put together.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet, way to deflate his " i drive a 'stang i got this ****" bubble.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Great kill. Watch out though, the stang guys are likely to attack. Be on gaurd.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Texnmissouri69
Great kill. Watch out though, the stang guys are likely to attack. Be on gaurd.
oh jesus you got that right, there are more than a few on the prowl. looking for anything to argue about.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by the jester 812
oh jesus you got that right, there are more than a few on the prowl. looking for anything to argue about.

AAHH.ignorance is bliss. Then again, according you to you a mach and cobra aren't mustangs.

Nice kill Op. Way to give him props.

Funny.....I come in here, read the story, ready to give the guy props, and I see two bow tie guys making comments about how stang guys are gonna start crap.....hypocrisy at it's finest.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65

AAHH.ignorance is bliss. Then again, according you to you a mach and cobra aren't mustangs.

Nice kill Op. Way to give him props.

Funny.....I come in here, read the story, ready to give the guy props, and I see two bow tie guys making comments about how stang guys are gonna start crap.....hypocrisy at it's finest.
Were you really going to compliment him? LMAO!! Whats up man?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Man Mike they don't give us any credit at all. I was about to tell the OP nice kill also, and the **** stirrers pipe up. You say "we" look for an argument. Ha, you guys are the worst. I only throw up the flag when ANYONE, GM or Ford or Mopar is full of ****. Like the Titan/Mustang thread when the guy wasn't even part of the race doesn't know either cars mods but he's posting it anyway.

Anyhow good kill OP.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Man Mike they don't give us any credit at all. I was about to tell the OP nice kill also, and the **** stirrers pipe up. You say "we" look for an argument. Ha, you guys are the worst. I only throw up the flag when ANYONE, GM or Ford or Mopar is full of ****. Like the Titan/Mustang thread when the guy wasn't even part of the race doesn't know either cars mods but he's posting it anyway.

Anyhow good kill OP.
Come on now.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Come on now.

Hey bro how are you? felt like ranting a little bit.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey bro how are you? felt like ranting a little bit.
Been busy. Working a bunch of overtime, its different when you get paid for it unlike my last job. Getting my house ready to sell, looking for a new house and spending what little time I have left with the family. Its all good though.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

Been busy. Working a bunch of overtime, its different when you get paid for it unlike my last job. Getting my house ready to sell, looking for a new house and spending what little time I have left with the family. Its all good though.
Hate to this guys thread... Oh well thats great you moving down here? I owe you a beer.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hate to this guys thread... Oh well thats great you moving down here? I owe you a beer.
No I'd love to but now me and the wife both have good jobs and things are going well. We are just getting a bigger house up here. I will get down there, my brother in law is looking at buying another vacation home down there. So I'll be down there at some point I'm sure.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

wazzup mani. How's that retired life? Sounds good reading some posts.
And Yes I was..you know me, I give credit and an ignorant *** whoopin' where they are deserved LOL

Anyhow good kill OP.
Sup Carl. That 'start an argument' comment was directed at me from a thread in benchracing. He made some lame comment about all stangs being slow..you know the usual. I mentioned blown mach's, or even N/A's then says he wasn't talking abotu them. Chris closed it though, so I couldnt' respond. Rightfully so, as he knows me and knows I'd rip into the kid. You all also know that I'm not one for grudges and water under the bridge then I come in here and see his argument comment. AAAWE, youth, how grand and lame it can be.

Go snoop out benchracing and you'll get the behind the scenes.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponygt65
wazzup mani. How's that retired life? Sounds good reading some posts.
And Yes I was..you know me, I give credit and an ignorant *** whoopin' where they are deserved LOL

Sup Carl. That 'start an argument' comment was directed at me from a thread in benchracing. He made some lame comment about all stangs being slow..you know the usual. I mentioned blown mach's, or even N/A's then says he wasn't talking abotu them. Chris closed it though, so I couldnt' respond. Rightfully so, as he knows me and knows I'd rip into the kid. You all also know that I'm not one for grudges and water under the bridge then I come in here and see his argument comment. AAAWE, youth, how grand and lame it can be.

Go snoop out benchracing and you'll get the behind the scenes.
Retired life is good. I finally get paid for overtime so thats cool. If I don't feel like doing it, not often, I go home. Its pretty nice. Yea I know you would of passed a compliment I just like to give you guys ****. The other guy is quite the rocket scientist. Entertaining though.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:36 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice kill
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, I almost never race my car so its nice to win now and again.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Good kill
you can't lose them all, there is always someone slower
Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

do you play mobsters(myspace)? I've seen your screen name on it!!!

good kill OP!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Launching!

well i was right, dude you never give up, i was specifically talking about the 02 GT that my friend was looking to buy, but of course you conveniently keep pushing that under the rug in your quest to keep an argument going even on different threads. but eh typical mustang bullshit i kinda expected it
Old 03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
well i was right, dude you never give up, i was specifically talking about the 02 GT that my friend was looking to buy, but of course you conveniently keep pushing that under the rug in your quest to keep an argument going even on different threads. but eh typical mustang bullshit i kinda expected it
damn Mike you, there is already an 'We hate IRUN Club' you trying to get these guys to make a 'We hate Ponygt65 Club' too