Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So I lost to an 06 Stang GT..1-1 against him now..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I lost to an 06 Stang GT..1-1 against him now..

So I am on my way home from work, another long, boring day in the life of a AutoZone manager. Well I am going down a residential street when I see an black GT coming my way. I Pass him and he throws a rev at me, I continue like "whatever". I look in my rearview and he busts a u-turn.
History of me and this Mustang, I recognized it when he pulled up next to me. I raced him a few months back and got him by 2 cars from a dig and 1 1/2 from a roll. When we were done he was laughing and said "I ran outta bottle". I was like "Ok..that sucks." I left. Back to now, well he gets behind me at a redlight(SUV next to me)light goes green and I go normal driving, I am tired. He passes me flying by. So I keep going and he waits at a stop sign, so I get to the stop sign. He honks and I look over, he smiles and We go on the third honk. Well I got out of it because I spun a bit and the car wasn't going to pull hard anymore. Well we both turn onto an access road and go from a roll. I get an easy 1 1/2 lead and I am thinking "ok I got him yet again"well he proceeds to pass me. I am still on it. He gets me by 2 cars, hate admitting it but yup.
I look at him and he smiles and he pressed a little red button on me. Damnit..From what I could tell he had a full exhaust, headers and cat back. 5 speed or whatever and possibly gears or not and the Nitrious.
Well now i gotta do some damn mods finally because losing feels HORRIBLE!!! LoL not that bad but you understand how I feel.
Time for mods. Thought I would share my unhappy ending. Sorry if the story sucked, I needed to vent!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:12 PM
***Repost Police***

If he had full exhaust, gears, and nitrous he would have walked you like you were standing still. I'm gonna guess maybe axle-back and a 50 shot? Good run nonetheless.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If he had full exhaust, gears, and nitrous he would have walked you like you were standing still. I'm gonna guess maybe axle-back and a 50 shot? Good run nonetheless.

Nah his story sounds right...but he forgot to mention he was in the IROC-Z.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry about the death. Time to hook up a 150 shot.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
Nah his story sounds right...but he forgot to mention he was in the IROC-Z.
you must not like mustangs much. lol
Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Launching!

LoL, nah not in my Iroc. That would be great though.
He walked me with the Nitrious but not without. So I have no complaints about it. I guess it is time for a 150 shot huh or just a 75 to make it fair.
A death is a death, I am not going to die..just need mods now!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

fair death, shut him down next time.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:53 PM

Good death, at least you know wasn't lying the first time, lol. Losing is definitely a motivator to keep modding!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Yup, at least he wasn't lying. LoL Well at least I know it took Nitrious to beat my stock T/A with it's great automatic transmission. haha
Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Don't spend money on nitrous just to beat a mustang GT.
If you're gonna get it, let it be for a better reason.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IrocZTransAm
Yup, at least he wasn't lying. LoL Well at least I know it took Nitrious to beat my stock T/A with it's great automatic transmission. haha
lol would u like to see a link to a bolt on gt running 12.5? just one off the top of my head...i can show u plenty more gt's without nitrous that will beat ur car

good runs though
Old 04-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Nice race!...cant win em all

im sorry but but i have to ask wat mods u did to the iroc to run a 14.8 at almost 5k sealevel?..plz tell me lol
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

nice runs, wouldnt of thought the gt would need nitrous to hang, must of been a small safe shot in it 50-75
Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

everyone is spraying these days.
every time i go out to get the bottle refilled i have to call the shop (there's 4 different places i go to) to make sure they're not out. at least one of them is out of nitrous every time.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

To me nitrous wouldn't be fun... I read to many posts on this forum and others, and it makes it sound likes it a "WIN BUTTON". I personally would rather have power I want, all the time, and not have to re-invest in something to continually beat another car.

Sounds like a good run regardless, congrats.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem
To me nitrous wouldn't be fun... I read to many posts on this forum and others, and it makes it sound likes it a "WIN BUTTON". I personally would rather have power I want, all the time, and not have to re-invest in something to continually beat another car.

i'm a nitrous user and i kind of agree with you. i want a quick car without the nitrous (researching heads/cam setup), but even then i don't think i could ever release that bottle from my addiction's steel grip.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't want to put a 200 shot on a 16 second car to get it into the 12's, but if the car is already pretty fast then a little more when you want it isn't a bad thing
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
lol would u like to see a link to a bolt on gt running 12.5? just one off the top of my head...i can show u plenty more gt's without nitrous that will beat ur car
good runs though
It isn't bad, I am not complaining. My best time was a 13.1@107.99mph at SAR at 783ft above back in Nov 06. So a 12.5 with bolt on's is not hard. I am still stock save for a cutout and now a GMMG catback. I ran the 13.1 before any of those additions. My best friend ran a 12.3 the same day with LT's, Loudmouth and a set of drag's, so it's all good. Either way I am not complaining about a lose, it's ok to lose and I know I can run a 12.5 with LT's and a set of sticky tires but I only have 2.73's anyway waste of money. A win is cool but I am perfectly fine with losing. He had the faster car this day. I know there are plenty of GT's out there without that can spank me, there are plenty of imports and hell even a Pinto that can, that's ok with me.
NO I am not getting any Nitrious, just LT's and a lid if I do. Pretty happy still with it, may do it this summer if I don't mess with putting in a LQ9 in my 88 Firebird.

Newlogo...The Iroc has a rebuilt 305 TPI(LB9)with free mods, smog delete,ac delete, Hooker Headers into a catco cat with a Blowmaster 80 series. I had a Crane Cam Compucam in there when I ran that time that was .423/.440 114lsa w/ported stock heads. A rebulit 700R4 with a TransGo shift kit going back to 2.73's. I will attempt to run a faster time now that I have added a Comp Cam .460/.460 with a Big End performance 2200stall converter and serpentine belt converstion that will have underdrive pulley's and possibly going to try and burn an EPROM by myself, key word TRY. lol may try a supercharger when I am done with the car, who knows. The fiance will not let me do a damn thing to any of the cars! 14.8 was my previous best time and my Trans Am with no bolt on's at the same DA and elevation best is a 13.8. Sucks that my stock car is so much faster than my modded one. 305!!! Yeaaaaah.
I don't have a problem with anyone using power adders, so people prefer to use N02 for cheap. It's the name of the game, I am all for it just not for me.
Thanks for the kind word fellas good or bad it is all for fun.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem

You say that now. Go take a ride in a car that has a 150 shot of gas running through it. Good thing about nitrous is it is there when you need it. You can be a normal stock car driving down the street then suddenly into a mean machine. Either spend 5k on a blower or more for a built motor. Everyone uses nitrous cause it's so fun, cheap(sometimes), and easy to use. I'm having a custom cam installed in a few days. It's made for a 100 shot.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Don't spend money on nitrous just to beat a mustang GT.
If you're gonna get it, let it be for a better reason.
Umm......What better reason then beating your rivals? Anyhow honorable death the 3V and 4V's love the spray.