Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whats with these Evo 10 guys?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats with these Evo 10 guys?

So I'll start by saying last year I was driving along and a white Evo 10 pulls next to me and he looks over and smiled with a cracked out grin on his face. So the light turns green and I slowy got up to speed to open a little gap for us and he wouldnt do any thing. He just had the same damn cracked out grin on his face like he was way to fast and furious to race my american car. Well on friday I was driving and a Grey Evo 10 was behind me and it looked like it was a girl driving so I didnt pay any attention. A couple blocks up it was next to me and I saw it was just an asian guy that looked like a girl. Well any way I thought he wanted a piece because he decided to show off his fancy blow off valve. So again light turns green and I slowy get up to speed trying to make a gap and nothing. Well I merged on the highway and he followed. I was a few cars ahead so I pulled into the far left lane and waited. He got in the far right and did 55 mph exactly paying no attention to me. I just dont get why these 2 guys both started somthing and then dont wanna do nothing? I was willing despite my clutch that likes to stick to the floor. Has anyone ran one of these yet? Any simalar expieriances?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow its funny you post this, I just had the same thing happen about an hour ago. A new silver Evo X messed with me for like 5 miles, showing me how cool his bov sounded, then he got in front of me getting on the on ramp and apparently floored it (black smoke came out?). I say apparently because I reeled him in so fast I thought I was going to ram him, so when he saw me come around him he got in the slow lane and went 55mph until the next exit and got off.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Ha ha, Yup. I dont get it. And I really wanna run one. I had this also happen a couple years ago with a evo 9 but it was a girl driving. I never got this from subaru owners to be honest, they have always "tried" to back up there trash talk driving.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Launching!

ummm, thats the definition of a ricer isnt it?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

One word for those guys, RICERS!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

evos are respectable rides but it seems like every guy that owns one is a friggan tool
Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Teching In

The 1st sign he was a tool was the VTA blow off valve. Those cars run a MAF system. Even somebody with **** for brains can figure out you don't vent to atmosphere metered air. I can't speak to his other attributes except to say that ricers and retards aren't limited to any particular make or model. I own an Evo VIII, a Legacy GT and an FX35. Biggest turd I ever met was the guy who sold me his stock XM receiver from his FX35. Conventional wisdom would say the odds were against that happening but my personal experience with other Evo owners I've met online has been pretty good and those people I've met in the Subaru community has been even better.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah they are very respectable rides indeed. And I really like them, I havent driven one yet but I want to. My gf has an 09 Lancer ES Sport and that thing is a blast to drive and its only 152 hp and fwd. But in my opinion Mitsu really stepped it up. The fit and finish is great the interior is very nice for the money untill you get to Evo money then I would say it could be better. But I want to drive the 10 because I drove a couple of 8's one was stock and one had bolt ons and they are very fun. I just wanna see how a 10 hangs with some muscle.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
I just wanna see how a 10 hangs with some muscle.
Stock, not very well but since they love to be modded, get one with a person who knows what he/she is doing and a lightly modded one should give a good run for the money.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

The stock EVO Xs are slower than the EVO 9s from what I understand.

I have heard they take well to mods as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

i tried to get a new evo to race me a couple months ago, he completly ignored me but was cocky as **** to the stock integra he was trying to set up a race with
Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only Evo guy I ever raced was very cool and my friend with an Evo is also a great guy (although I never raced him). I guess there are both types of drivers for every car.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

i was driving up to college and basically the same story happen to me with red porche, i blew past him just trying to catch up (he was going 80 to my 65) and slowed down only to see him flying up behind me, pull up next to me, and get off at the next exit- guess my next comment goes for porches too!

he was way to fast and furious to race my american car
YA DONT YOU KNOW, YOUR TOO SLOW TO EVEN LOOK AT THOSE CARS!

and it looked like it was a girl driving so I didnt pay any attention. A couple blocks up it was next to me and I saw it was just an asian guy that looked like a girl
lmao this is prob the funniest **** ive seen all week
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
The stock EVO Xs are slower than the EVO 9s from what I understand...
For sure in a straight line. The Evo X is between 400lbs and 550lbs heavier than the Evo IX and the engine makes comparable power.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Launching!

closest thing Ive gotten to racing an EVO X was a new Lancer Ralliart... and it wasnt even fun lol.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
The stock EVO Xs are slower than the EVO 9s from what I understand.

I have heard they take well to mods as well.
In a straight line yes, but the EVO X takes over in Auto-X and a windy road
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
From what I've seen, their roadcourse times are comparable, with the X being a bit quicker on the tighter courses. Also, that SST tranny (automated manual) looks really capable and great for the car's aggressive gearing on a short roadcourse. I might have to see if those cars are any more streetable and less bone crushing than the previous models for a DD.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Evo X's are are even slower than Evo 8's and 9's. They gained all kinds of weight without any power gain. The majority of the ones I've seen in mags and at the track run around ~14.0 @ 99MPH.

Best part of the story lol:

"Well on friday I was driving and a Grey Evo 10 was behind me and it looked like it was a girl driving so I didnt pay any attention. A couple blocks up it was next to me and I saw it was just an asian guy that looked like a girl."

Too bad neither of them bit, you could have wiped that **** eating grin off their faces and left them stunned.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Big time. I had one behind me when I was full exhaust/lid (no tune) and I crept away from him pretty easily on the highway. He got in front of me and turned onto the same road I did.. it got ugly pretty quick. At that point I had wished I was in his car.. **** looked like a roller coaster.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Teching In

I'd take an VIII or IX over an X in auto-x, open track or even down a canyon road. They are much lighter. It's the yaw control feature on the X that keeps it so well planted in the curves but equal drivers will extract more out of a CT9A Evo. Of course that's all 2nd hand info from people I know who own or have owned both generations. I've never driven the X but if I were in the market again for an Evo or STi it would be tough to pass on the utility of the significantly lighter Subaru hatch.