Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Little run with a Cobra on the way home..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Little run with a Cobra on the way home..

Damn, it's been a while since I posted in here Almost a few years...im not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing

I was on my way home from work just now, and going through an intersection I saw a red 03/04 Cobra waiting to turn left to go my direction. Naturally, I slow down from about 55mph to the 45mph speed limit (everyone usually does 55+mph on this road) to see if he will catch up. Sure enough, one light away from the light I turn at, we hit a light together. Unfortunately, he was behind me

As we take off, the jerk-off next to me was pacing me, so I sped up to see if the Cobra would come around. Which he did. To my luck, we were coming up on the light to my neighborhood. ... I of course stay in the lane to continue straight, and we hit the light together!

As he pulled up, he asked me how I liked my tires (295/35/18 F1 GSD3s on my chrome ZO6s -- which were blinging in the sun I might add.. ). I told him they hook pretty good for just a bolt on car, and asked him if he was still an Eaton or if he was Whipple'd or KB'd. He said it was a stock Eaton, and he was only bolt ons. Good thing, I told him, because if he was Whipple'd or KB'd then I wouldn't bother asking to run. He chuckled and kinda shook his head at that comment.

The light turned green and we both eased into the throttle, not racing yet, just seeing if each other was down for a run. He is ahead by half a car (my nose at his door) and I hear him rolling harder into the throttle as we reach the middle of 1st, so I put the pedal to the floor - and so does he.

He kept his lead until his shift and we dropped even. We both then let up for a small curve in the road and I pulled ahead a little (probably because I go back into the throttle from the curve sooner than he did). I let up at the end of third gear, and I was about a nose ahead of him.

My car is a 1999 SS with headers, ORY, Magnaflow catback, Strange 12 bolt with 3.73s, BMR Adj tq arm and panhard rod. Still on the stock LS1 intake and dyno'd 355rwhp or so with the stock catback. His from what he said was a Cobra with stock Eaton and just bolt ons. It sounded like he was telling the truth because I couldn't really hear the blower, so I don't think he was lying to me.

It has been FOREVER since I ran anyone, and it felt great! lol. Maybe its time to hit the streets again on the weekends....
Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6

My car is a 1999 SS with headers, ORY, Magnaflow catback, Strange 12 bolt with 3.73s, BMR Adj tq arm and panhard rod. Still on the stock LS1 intake and dyno'd 355rwhp or so with the stock catback. :
you made 355 rwhp stock?!?!? huuuh?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Nice run
probably intake tune and exhaust.