Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 TA vert vs s-are-t-4 :P

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 TA vert vs s-are-t-4 :P

im pretty sure this guy was stock. was a silver one. from a 55ish roll.. i put 1-2 busses on him by 115ish. was really ugly. i figure he was stock because ive ran a stage 2 that put up at-least a somewhat better fight.

my mods are lid,lt headers, TSP true dual exhaust. i run pretty well for a auto and being a vert. i can run 12s when conditions are right.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am gonna say he was stock and couldn't drive. My bro had a 05 S RT 4 and when he was stock he would run dead even with LS1's with the same mods as you from a roll of course. A dig would be a whooping for him though. Then my bro Stage 3 his car and from a roll that sucker was deadly.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
I am gonna say he was stock and couldn't drive. My bro had a 05 S RT 4 and when he was stock he would run dead even with LS1's with the same mods as you from a roll of course. A dig would be a whooping for him though. Then my bro Stage 3 his car and from a roll that sucker was deadly.
yea those s3 skittles are no joke, freakin things move from a roll
Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
Everyone says that, but I have yet to run into a really fast one that evewn got my heart going. I'm sure they are out there I just haven't seen one.

Good kill OP.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Everyone says that, but I have yet to run into a really fast one that evewn got my heart going. I'm sure they are out there I just haven't seen one.

Good kill OP.
I have to say that I also haven't ran into one. I even accidently went to a meet and there were 20 plus of them. I raced the one that was the fastest of the group and while he did hang pretty good I still beat him by two car lengths. He made more power then me, if you buy what people say. I did get my race so from a higher roll he may have gotten me but who knows since that didn't happen. He was pissed off also but o-well.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Good kill for the verts, op! I've seen some fast skittles, but 400fwhp doesn't do much other than make smoke w/o drag radials and VHT.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ohh man its a sad day when someone thinks a stock dumdumdumdum should keep up with a modded ls1 let alone a stock ls1 rofl.................

ahahah you and your bro need to stop puffing on the mary jane while racing. even a stage 2 runs mid 13s and thats only if there running some sticky tires on the front. i gurantee you you wont find a stock dumdumdumdum in the world stage 1 or 2 from the factory that is going to run with a properly running ls1 m6 stock or a a4 with my mods. not gonna happen. dumdumdumdum's stock run anywhere from 13.8 to 14.3 depending on there 60ft and trap around 97-100 about 99% of the time mph. and almoy every dumdumdumdum that ran 13's had to use some kind of drags on the front. i trapped 105 mph and ran 13.5@105 with a 2.19 60ft stock in a heavy slow vert ls1....

i used to run with an s-r-t club in my TA at one time because my buddies all had them lol. i know exactly what they run. i bet ive ran 50+ races against various setups of those cars.

Last edited by GXPPOWER; 05-09-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:48 AM
On The Tree

yep they arn't too quick at all. I ran one back in the day in my built 69 bug, he had some minor mods like cai and bov and some sort of an exhaust. Beat him by a bunch of cars from a dig like 10 times in a row. And like a week later got smoked by my buddies 02 ws6 with nothing done but a short shifter.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Teching In

here are are a few from the tampa bay area that move well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCcZ2Q5tQU8
Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
Ohh man its a sad day when someone thinks a stock dumdumdumdum should keep up with a modded ls1 let alone a stock ls1 rofl.................

ahahah you and your bro need to stop puffing on the mary jane while racing. even a stage 2 runs mid 13s and thats only if there running some sticky tires on the front. i gurantee you you wont find a stock dumdumdumdum in the world stage 1 or 2 from the factory that is going to run with a properly running ls1 m6 stock or a a4 with my mods. not gonna happen. dumdumdumdum's stock run anywhere from 13.8 to 14.3 depending on there 60ft and trap around 97-100 about 99% of the time mph. and almoy every dumdumdumdum that ran 13's had to use some kind of drags on the front. i trapped 105 mph and ran 13.5@105 with a 2.19 60ft stock in a heavy slow vert ls1....

i used to run with an s-r-t club in my TA at one time because my buddies all had them lol. i know exactly what they run. i bet ive ran 50+ races against various setups of those cars.
True^^^

I've generally seen traps a little higher, but the times a little slower due to our crappy track.

Always run them from a dig unless you like surprises. These cars 60ft horribly. I drive mine on DRs all the time just for traction. The best 60ft I've ever gotten on them was 2.09 sec. The best time with slicks I've ever personally witnessed is 1.8. FWD sucks for traction.

Now roll racing is a different story. These only weigh 2900lbs and even with stockish horsepower (230whp) can run with an LS1 from a roll (not win but stay in the same zip code) Here at altitude, LS1s are known to lose or tie this race. I know, I've done it myself in the skittle and the SS. Now that it's modded a bit, it takes a serious car to get me from a roll (117mph traps here).
Old 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

well they are out there... they are freaking fast lil bugs on the highway. I started a thread around 2 weeks ago about me losing to a skittle. It pushed 405fw and 430tq. He handed me my *SS* and they are very quick when they get their turbos upgraded.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

^
HAHAHA. I hope your joking. A friend of mine has one that has a few mods and it didnt keep up when my bird was stock.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

No way a stock skittle keeps up with a bolt on LS1...I'm pretty sure stock for stock the LS1 will pull nicely. I raced a bolt on one with my stock STi back in the day and pulled him strong....and this LS1 is MUCH more of a highway warrior than the STi ever was.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brians91formula
^
HAHAHA. I hope your joking. A friend of mine has one that has a few mods and it didnt keep up when my bird was stock.
It's actually possible depending on altitude and other factors. One of the guys here has a stock SRT that traps around 105 and LS1s trap 101 if they are lucky. But that is here in the hot desert at altitude. Where is BigBirdLS1 from?

We all call him the freak, because non of ours was ever that fast stock...
Old 05-14-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enginjoe
It's actually possible depending on altitude and other factors. One of the guys here has a stock SRT that traps around 105 and LS1s trap 101 if they are lucky. But that is here in the hot desert at altitude. Where is BigBirdLS1 from?

We all call him the freak, because non of ours was ever that fast stock...

if a srt4 was trapping fast because of the DA then so will an ls1. there is no Magic DA that only help one car lol. an 2.73 auto geared ls1's will trap higher than 101.

stock srt4 dont trap close to ls1s. it just doesnt happen. stage 2 srt4 only get close. its just how it is lol. its silyl to mention a srt4 trapping 105. hasnt a few ls1 tra[[ed like 108-109. same cars at the same track.. there is one out come. ls1>over skittle by a lot while trapping a lot higher.

ive seen way way to many of them at the track. yea they can be made fast but so can any other car lol. its just retarded that someone on here think from a roll a stock srt4 keeps up with an ls1... how does 98mph traps keep up with 105+ lol....
Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
if a srt4 was trapping fast because of the DA then so will an ls1. there is no Magic DA that only help one car lol. an 2.73 auto geared ls1's will trap higher than 101.

stock srt4 dont trap close to ls1s. it just doesnt happen. stage 2 srt4 only get close. its just how it is lol. its silyl to mention a srt4 trapping 105. hasnt a few ls1 tra[[ed like 108-109. same cars at the same track.. there is one out come. ls1>over skittle by a lot while trapping a lot higher.

ive seen way way to many of them at the track. yea they can be made fast but so can any other car lol. its just retarded that someone on here think from a roll a stock srt4 keeps up with an ls1... how does 98mph traps keep up with 105+ lol....
I wasn't saying the DA was helping the skittle, it could have been hurting the N/A car. Let me explain:

It doesn't make sense to those not familiar with the car, but as someone who has both cars and I live at altitude in high temperature, I can speak from experience. The reason this is possible is that the neon PCM compensates for DA by raising the boost and adjusting timing. Stock LS1 Fbodies here trap 101 maybe 102 if they are lucky. You are at low altitude which benefit the N/A LS1 but not the SRT-4 unless the person has taken control of boost, timing and fuel from the stock PCM. Anyways the DA can play a big role here to the benefit of the turbo car.

People around here go up to Phoenix in the winter time when it's cool and where the altitude is about 2000ft lower and gain .4 to .5 seconds ET for N/A cars. Just to give you an example, my SS trapped 100mph stock here and ran 13.98. When I had a TR224cam, springs, ti retainers, LTs, Cutout and tune It trapped 108 and went 13.2. My stock dyno was 313rwhp and final dyno was 380rwhp before the turbo kit went on. I'll never own a car that isn't FI here because you need it to make up for all the power you don't get at altitude.

Last edited by enginjoe; 05-15-2009 at 01:59 PM.