Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anyone ever have a street race that goes horribly wrong?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever have a street race that goes horribly wrong?

When my car was still stock awhile back i was cruising down a road with a friend of mine, when we hear a whistling sound from about 100ft away. Turns out it was a S/C s2000 turning onto truman parkway (a curvy highway). So i get in the other turning lane. He revs it up, i do likewise. We race onto the highway and i pull ahead of him a little bit for the merge. I slowed back down so he could catch up going about 40 or so. We race again, he kept up through most of 2nd (up to 70 mph) where i shifted to third and left him in the dust. By the time i hit 4th (100 mph) he was falling back quickly. I let off the gas at 130ish and hear a car coming in the distance. It had too much of a deep note to be the s2000 again and i see headlights coming up fast. I think to my self sweet another race, this doesnt happen often. I'm still going 120+ when the car starts to catch up, there is a curve in the road which i take at ease since ive been about 130 on the entire highway before th rough all the turns. I hear the sound of skidding from the other car which turned out to be a late 80's mustang. I guess he couldn't take the turn at the same speed i could, but soon after i see his car start to turn sideways, i step on it again at t his point not wanting to be my friend or myself at danger. I hear a tunk, thunk, thunk sound as the car hit the gaurd rail breaking through all the posts. My friend saw it do a 360 and hit the car infront of him. Thats all we saw, we got out of there quickly for obvious reasons. A few weeks later i saw the guy that was driving the s2000 and tell him i was the guy with the z06 and asked if he had any idea of what happened that night. He said he didn't really know, but when he drove past the mustang parts of the mustang were flying into his car (he had the top down) and that a truck also t-boned the mustang. Have no idea what happened or who the person driving the mustang was.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Teching In

And you didn't even call emergency services?

This is an excellent example of why we should choose not to be part of a race when other traffic is around. It's hard to resist the temptation, but it racing in populated areas risks innocent lives.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
And you didn't even call emergency services?

This is an excellent example of why you shouldnt be allowed to reproduce.
Fixed for you
Old 05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Fixed for you
Thats cute. And actually my friend did. Sorry I didn't mention that I drove back on to the highway in a different car afterwards to see if they were alright either.

As far as traffic is concerned, i wouldnt call the other 2 cars on the road besides the s2000, mustang, lincoln (the other car we came back onto the highway on), and my car traffic.

On a side note, It's not my fault someone tried to take their car to limits it couldn't handle.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
When my car was still stock awhile back i was cruising down a road with a friend of mine, when we hear a whistling sound from about 100ft away. Turns out it was a S/C s2000 turning onto truman parkway (a curvy highway). So i get in the other turning lane. He revs it up, i do likewise. We race onto the highway and i pull ahead of him a little bit for the merge. I slowed back down so he could catch up going about 40 or so. We race again, he kept up through most of 2nd (up to 70 mph) where i shifted to third and left him in the dust. By the time i hit 4th (100 mph) he was falling back quickly. I let off the gas at 130ish and hear a car coming in the distance. It had too much of a deep note to be the s2000 again and i see headlights coming up fast. I think to my self sweet another race, this doesnt happen often. I'm still going 120+ when the car starts to catch up, there is a curve in the road which i take at ease since ive been about 130 on the entire highway before th rough all the turns. I hear the sound of skidding from the other car which turned out to be a late 80's mustang. I guess he couldn't take the turn at the same speed i could, but soon after i see his car start to turn sideways, i step on it again at t his point not wanting to be my friend or myself at danger. I hear a tunk, thunk, thunk sound as the car hit the gaurd rail breaking through all the posts. My friend saw it do a 360 and hit the car infront of him. Thats all we saw, we got out of there quickly for obvious reasons. A few weeks later i saw the guy that was driving the s2000 and tell him i was the guy with the z06 and asked if he had any idea of what happened that night. He said he didn't really know, but when he drove past the mustang parts of the mustang were flying into his car (he had the top down) and that a truck also t-boned the mustang. Have no idea what happened or who the person driving the mustang was.
Hate to say this but that's life in the fast lane. When you hit the gas you know the risks
Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats cute. And actually my friend did. Sorry I didn't mention that I drove back on to the highway in a different car afterwards to see if they were alright either.

As far as traffic is concerned, i wouldnt call the other 2 cars on the road besides the s2000, mustang, lincoln (the other car we came back onto the highway on), and my car traffic.

On a side note, It's not my fault someone tried to take their car to limits it couldn't handle.
I'm wagering to bet you're younger than 25.....definitely younger than 30.

Am I wrong?

Immaturity is strong with this one.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm wagering to bet you're younger than 25.....definitely younger than 30.

Am I wrong?

Immaturity is strong with this one.
You're one to talk about immaturity.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're one to talk about immaturity.
So I'm right...got it. You seriously need to SHOOSH and learn the ropes a tad before bustin' your arrogance and stupidity around here.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Teching In

So I'm right...got it. You seriously need to SHOOSH and learn the ropes a tad before bustin' your arrogance and stupidity around here.
I'm 21 and I've been a part of plenty of different types of forums. I've read these forums for awhile before I joined/posted. And I really don't care about "learning ropes" either, I know enough. As far as posting, you do alot of crazy stuff when you're bored while deployed and have to be at work with nothing to do.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm 21 and I've been a part of plenty of different types of forums. I've read these forums for awhile before I joined/posted. And I really don't care about "learning ropes" either, I know enough. As far as posting, you do alot of crazy stuff when you're bored while deployed and have to be at work with nothing to do.
Like I said.....younger than 25. I can tell. Don't care about learning ropes...that's fine..but just expect **** thrown at you with the types of posts you've made.

ANd you aren't the only one that posts at work. Beign a manager has it's quirks along with weekend hours.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Like I said.....younger than 25. I can tell. Don't care about learning ropes...that's fine..but just expect **** thrown at you with the types of posts you've made.

ANd you aren't the only one that posts at work. Beign a manager has it's quirks along with weekend hours.
My age doesn't have much to do with anything, other than my insurance. I wasn't bragging about being able to post while at work either. As far as **** being thrown at me, it doesn't really bother me. This is the internet, my feelings aren't going to get hurt.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

My age doesn't have much to do with anything, other than my insurance. I wasn't bragging about being able to post while at work either. As far as **** being thrown at me, it doesn't really bother me. This is the internet, my feelings aren't going to get hurt.
Then why bring up the work at all? makes no sense. My only point to your age is ignorance and know it all typically follow youth. Don't worry, we've all been there.

and how about we not kill that other thread. we can comment in here from now on given this thread was a dead one to begin with.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Then why bring up the work at all? makes no sense. My only point to your age is ignorance and know it all typically follow youth. Don't worry, we've all been there.

and how about we not kill that other thread. we can comment in here from now on given this thread was a dead one to begin with.
It's pretty ignorant to say someone is ignorant based off of their age because you have no idea what they have/have not been through.

In any case.. having our conversation in here is fine by me. =)

I mentioned work because thats the reason i started posting on this forum. When you're deployed you work 24/7 basically....but with nothing to do... you get the point.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

It's pretty ignorant to say someone is ignorant based off of their age because you have no idea what they have/have not been through.

In any case.. having our conversation in here is fine by me. =)

I mentioned work because thats the reason i started posting on this forum. When you're deployed you work 24/7 basically....but with nothing to do... you get the point.
You're deployed huh? Where are you stationed?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
You're deployed huh? Where are you stationed?
Eh i cant say right now... the whole operation security stuff and what not. Haha I am on a work computer. From what I have heard giving out details can get you in alot of trouble.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Eh i cant say right now... the whole operation security stuff and what not. Haha I am on a work computer. From what I have heard giving out details can get you in alot of trouble.
Are you sure you aren't in San Diego, CA?
Hmm.....
Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Are you sure you aren't in San Diego, CA?
Hmm.....
Why would I be in CA? Ive never been there.... and I'm positive my car would never pass emissions since i cut out the cats and threw out the smog pump..
Old 05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Why would I be in CA? Ive never been there.... and I'm positive my car would never pass emissions since i cut out the cats and threw out the smog pump..
nevermind. I found ya
Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

nevermind. I found ya
Haha not exactly sure what youre talking about. IPaddress im guessing? but anyway....
Old 05-10-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I smell a strong stench of BS in a particular members posts. That is all.

Search this Thread