Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Porsche Carerra RS...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Porsche Carerra RS...

Pulled out of the dive shop today from filling the Nano bottle, but still had the empty Nitrous cylinder and a Porsche Carerra RS comes on the scene; looked brand new... but you know how that is... they're garaged and pampered, so who knows...

Anywho I'm turning onto a 6 lane and he's doing the same from across traffic... we meet up and having pulled in first I pace myself to see if dudes up for a quick run...

He pulls up sharply along side, but there's no room before the light and the road we're on is JAMMED... so he sidles up ahead and pulls into the turn lane for a righty...

That road is also a 6 lane but it's empty and when he turns, he slams the hammer and it's ON!

LOL... I knew that this was likely, cause he had that !#*!#*!#*!#*eatin' grin which was plastered on my face at the time...

You know the one... it's the look that says... "This poor bastard thinks he's got somethin' and I'm about to show him what for...'

He rolls out of the turn and I walked his *** to about 70 and he bails... I had closed from probably 4 cars which he got when he jumped the shark at the interesection and I still had to stop (ish) ... to walking up mid car on him... when he shut it down... (it was a well patrolled 45 mph road, so... can't blame him there... and I'm glad he did 'cause I was in the "!#*!#*!#*!#*, "Holy CRAP! Im rolling up a Carerra" mode and wasn't about to get out... But I'm a dumbass... as most of my close friends will attest to...

Well that's it... Dude sat on my six for the next 12 miles and wouldn't even bring it up along side for a post run debrief... which is kinda cool; it gives him a chance to rationalize that he wasn't 'racin'' while we both damn well know he was...which might encourage him to bring his @$$ to the track and try again.

And on the seventh week of the rebuild, the Lord looked at what he had done and said it was good; and the Z28 was born; mind bending torque, awe inspiring, raw power, on the cheap... which tends to naturally draw the more gifted drivers...
Can I HAVE an AMEN!...
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Was it a Carrera or a GT3 RS? Ther was no Carrera RS.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OVA1
Pulled out of the dive shop today from filling the Nano bottle, but still had the empty Nitrous cylinder and a Porsche Carerra RS comes on the scene; looked brand new... but you know how that is... they're garaged and pampered, so who knows...

Anywho I'm turning onto a 6 lane and he's doing the same from across traffic... we meet up and having pulled in first I pace myself to see if dudes up for a quick run...

He pulls up sharply along side, but there's no room before the light and the road we're on is JAMMED... so he sidles up ahead and pulls into the turn lane for a righty...

That road is also a 6 lane but it's empty and when he turns, he slams the hammer and it's ON!

LOL... I knew that this was likely, cause he had that !#*!#*!#*!#*eatin' grin which was plastered on my face at the time...

You know the one... it's the look that says... "This poor bastard thinks he's got somethin' and I'm about to show him what for...'

He rolls out of the turn and I walked his *** to about 70 and he bails... I had closed from probably 4 cars which he got when he jumped the shark at the interesection and I still had to stop (ish) ... to walking up mid car on him... when he shut it down... (it was a well patrolled 45 mph road, so... can't blame him there... and I'm glad he did 'cause I was in the "!#*!#*!#*!#*, "Holy CRAP! Im rolling up a Carerra" mode and wasn't about to get out... But I'm a dumbass... as most of my close friends will attest to...

Well that's it... Dude sat on my six for the next 12 miles and wouldn't even bring it up along side for a post run debrief... which is kinda cool; it gives him a chance to rationalize that he wasn't 'racin'' while we both damn well know he was...which might encourage him to bring his @$$ to the track and try again.

And on the seventh week of the rebuild, the Lord looked at what he had done and said it was good; and the Z28 was born; mind bending torque, awe inspiring, raw power, on the cheap... which tends to naturally draw the more gifted drivers...
Can I HAVE an AMEN!...
Sweet ive tried to get a bunch of various porsche's to race me, a saleen s7, 3 dif lambo's, an audi r8..none of them ever go for it though. Why buy a car that expensive and not drive it the way it was meant to be driven? The only exotic type car that has tried to race me was a austin martin vantage
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Was it a Carrera or a GT3 RS? Ther was no Carrera RS.
It's a good question, I only saw him from the six for a very few seconds and I was sure it said Carrera... and it had something else on it, seems like it said RS...

Looked like a Carrera... with the large spoiler and so on; sweet looking ride. But at the end of the day... I don't know.

What I do know is that, what ever species of Porsche it is, he's not as happy with it this mornin', as he was yesterday mornin'...

And while we've ALL been there... we didn't pay the tidy some for our American car, that HE paid for that German car... and that just somehow makes it all the more SWEET.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Sweet ive tried to get a bunch of various porsche's to race me, a saleen s7, 3 dif lambo's, an audi r8..none of them ever go for it though. Why buy a car that expensive and not drive it the way it was meant to be driven? The only exotic type car that has tried to race me was a austin martin vantage
Yeah... I've had a couple of run ins, with an Aston Martins... and THAT car has one of the sweetest exhaust notes I've ever heard... and it's fast.

The first was just a light to light... where we took him; and the other was on the interstate, and the driver was a late teen, looking kid... the car was BRAND NEW, probably Dad's car, or maybe a dealer transport guy... but, he was in front, in heavy traffic; he slowed to get some room and slammed the hammer... I charged him and paced him for a few seconds. Then he whipped into the right lane in front of a minivan and I let him go... "Dat boy CraiiizEE!" And I didn't want to watch him kill himself and Dad's brand new AM...

But I'm rollin' in Naples, FL and we have a ton of exotics around here... and I find the same thing.

A few things come to mind; usually, by the time ya accumulate enough financial @$$ to own one... you're at a point where the eyes and reflexes aren't conducive to high speed activity... Second, the insurance on one of those things HAS to be ridiculous and a ticket CAN'T help THAT. And third... they've got a TON of ego wrapped around those things and they can't afford to "find out..." So they prefer to work on the erroneous notion that of the two, their machine is the fastest... it goes something like this:

"Look at my car! I paid 200K for this car; it is one of the fastest production cars in the world... Now look at your car... you couldn't pay the SALES Tax on my car with what you have in that and that means, I own you."

Now when THAT'S your attitude... it's gonna be REAL hard on ya, when that hunk of junk you just wheezed at, hands you your ***... or at least doesn't fall into the rear view infinity... but remains right there... just waiting to see what you've got...

They LOVE the idea that they own the road... and they should; after all, they paid for most of it.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Can I HAVE an AMEN!...
There's nothing more satisfying than beating some **** like that ain't? I beat a 98,000 dollar M-5 like that one day, I relived that **** all day long ( the look on his face) and how he stayed behind me after that natural *** whooping I gave him

Last edited by c6r; 05-10-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Op - with yours and a mods permission, i'd like to answer your post in that closed thread in here. Normally I'd do a PM, but I'm sure some would like to see my reply.

so...that cool?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by c6r
There's nothing more satisfing than beating some **** like that ain't? I beat a 98,000 dollar M-5 like that one day, I relived that **** all day long ( the look on his face) and how he stayed behind me after that natural *** whooping I gave him
Is that how much the M5 goes for, $98k?
Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Op - with yours and a mods permission, i'd like to answer your post in that closed thread in here. Normally I'd do a PM, but I'm sure some would like to see my reply.

so...that cool?
Nooooo dont. I already tried that, you might get disciplined cause this is a racing/kill only section. lol
Old 05-10-2009, 02:20 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Is that how much the M5 goes for, $98k?
Yes my good man, pay a visit to your local BMW dealership one day soon an check the sticker on the window, They go for $ 86,000 to $98,000 large.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by c6r
Yes my good man, pay a visit to your local BMW dealership one day soon an check the sticker on the window, They go for $ 86,000 to $98,000 large.
WTF? $98K is totally outrageous for that car imo.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
***Repost Police***

Why? It's definitely worth the money if you have it.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

so...that cool?
LOL... Man, I don't know WHAT the hell happened over there... I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to anyone... I don't push anyone and I won't be pushed... so that's it.

Now if I understand the point... with regard to cool/fast cars and the attitude associated with that whole 'thing...' then my answer would be...

'Oh yeah... way cool.'
Old 05-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Why? It's definitely worth the money if you have it.
Eh i dont think so, there are many other things you can buy with 98k dollars. Besides you cant really do your own work on an m5 can you?
Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Not really, but if you're buying an M5 it's not because you want to work on it yourself. You want a car that's engineered to be one of the best cars on the road. A brand new luxury sedan that can go 200mph with just a tune is pretty damn incredible.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
WTF? $98K is totally outrageous for that car imo.
ROFL... That is NUTS... that's within easy shot of the Big Dog...
Old 05-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Not really, but if you're buying an M5 it's not because you want to work on it yourself. You want a car that's engineered to be one of the best cars on the road. A brand new luxury sedan that can go 200mph with just a tune is pretty damn incredible.
:\ Well to each their own i suppose, but its not for me. I for one enjoyed every one of the 47 hours it took me to install my supercharger/headers/and my other mods with my friend.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was it a carrera 4S???
For all of the money for those cars, they are not that fast, except for the 911 turbo and GT2. i have raced two porshce's when I had my 99 Ws6. The carrera 4s put up a little more fight than the carrera conv.
Good kill, love to see the look on their faces.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Nooooo dont. I already tried that, you might get disciplined cause this is a racing/kill only section. lol
don't worry about me n00b.
LOL... Man, I don't know WHAT the hell happened over there... I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to anyone... I don't push anyone and I won't be pushed... so that's it.

Now if I understand the point... with regard to cool/fast cars and the attitude associated with that whole 'thing...' then my answer would be...

'Oh yeah... way cool.'
It's cool man....you have a PM.

+1

Just like there are reasons I prefer a blown mach over almost anything on the road...it's ME.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Teching In

don't worry about me n00b.
Lol noob.. last time I said that word.... oh yeah, I was 13 yrs old playing starcraft. How old are you pony? If you're going to try to insult someone I hope next time you can come up with something better than that.