Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My camaro SS got killed by a chevy cobalt ls

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My camaro SS got killed by a chevy cobalt ls

Picked up my gf from work tonight and about to fill up my gas, around 1 mile from the gas station a cobalt ls(not SS) rev its engine and dude with his gf kept staring at me and pointing his finger forward, wtf was this guy thinking...i was like whatever, light turns green i ease the throttle and launch the car, dude launches the car really hard but still couldn't keep up...i got him by at LEAST 5 cars and that's just 2nd gear...then it happened...i shift to 3rd my car bogged down the check gages light turned on and the engine died...for a moment that seems like forever the cobalt happily catch up to me open his window and waving his hand...

man...the feeling when he passed me and waving his hand was undescribeable, i've lost before, but never this embarrassing...my gf laughed really hard at me, well i guess i deserve it..

lesson learned:Never race with an empty gas tank.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Full tank of gas or not, why waste it on that Funny story though. No tellin what that guy told his friends.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't stop laughing. Sorry man but that **** is funny. Good death though. You have to redeem yourself though.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey dude asked for it, i respect his cobalt that's why i gave him the run, thought maybe his was the supercharged/turbo'd one

oh and i bet right now he's telling his friend that his compact car beat a camaro ss
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

deep down he knows the truth, he got raped. Rape victims always deny it remember?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hahahahaha, that sucks man. Lesson learned though I guess. Can't wait to see this kill story pop up on the Cobalt forums, lol. "Comeback win of the century!!1! Shifting practice finally paid off!!"

On a serious note, I hope your fuel pump is ok dude.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Teching In

hahaha ouchh. What's even funnier, the cobalt owner probably thought that his car is just that good when it gets going the it reeled you in from so far and passed you, not you just ran outta gas hah.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

How did you not notice you were out of gas? My light comes on and the guage shows E and it still only takes 12 ~ 13 gallons to fill (on a 16 gallon tank)
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
How did you not notice you were out of gas? My light comes on and the guage shows E and it still only takes 12 ~ 13 gallons to fill (on a 16 gallon tank)
The classic fuel sending unit by GM. Mine shows an empty tank sometimes when it is over 3/4 full. I have to use the trip odometer to keep track, and usually just fill her up at the 200 mile mark.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Now he's going to tell his buddies that spank you !!! Your girl is going to do the same but to everyone you know and they're all going to laugh ! Don't worry, it's just an excuse to get some mods, heck your girl might even buy you some. Thats when you say " Man if I had a turbo or Nitrous I never would've gotten spanked by that Cobalt. "

J/k ! Funny stuff though !
Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

If my wife laughed at me after something like that...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

My wife and the Mechanic who installed my stage1 clutch in my STi laughed at me when I tried it for the first time and stalled and then even worse the second time I stalled.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it's all good and yea that was suck, i've never been that embarrassed, my car just stopped in the middle of the street...i turned the hazard on and fortunately two cars stop and help me move my car out of the street..man.. do i love oklahoman lol

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
i notice that i ran out of gas when the engine bog down whenever i give gas...then it just stalled. there's no light or whatever the gauge was in E and the CHECK GAGES light turn on.

Originally Posted by Texas 02 Z28
Hahahahaha, that sucks man. Lesson learned though I guess. Can't wait to see this kill story pop up on the Cobalt forums, lol. "Comeback win of the century!!1! Shifting practice finally paid off!!"

On a serious note, I hope your fuel pump is ok dude.
yea i guess it's ok, i checked several times on the gas station it'd buzz whenever i turn on the car. i mean it should buzzin whenever you turn the key into ignition right?

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
deep down he knows the truth, he got raped. Rape victims always deny it remember?
hahahaah agreed brother!

Originally Posted by Turrry
well she said she felt bad for me too but instead she laughed at me WTF

Originally Posted by Daz
Now he's going to tell his buddies that spank you !!! Your girl is going to do the same but to everyone you know and they're all going to laugh ! Don't worry, it's just an excuse to get some mods, heck your girl might even buy you some. Thats when you say " Man if I had a turbo or Nitrous I never would've gotten spanked by that Cobalt. "

J/k ! Funny stuff though !
hahah couldn't agree more..but my girl would never buy me any mods...heck she even can't stand my car over her precious "Mercedezzz"
Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Launching!

I bet you won't ever let the gas get that low again, .
Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Holy cow..yeah I would never let the gas get near the E ever again... at least I have some time left when I get a notice.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

race him in reverse next time!!! point and laugh at him the entire time too!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

[/QUOTE]
hahah couldn't agree more..but my girl would never buy me any mods...heck she even can't stand my car over her precious "Mercedezzz"[/QUOTE]

It must be some unwritten girl law to not like the mans car unless its a high dollar car. My wifey is the same way, but I get to what I want to my 67' allegedly !

Hey, I use to live in OK ! Lawton/Ft.Sill to be exact, I went to Central Jr. High and Lawton High until the end 11th grade and then we moved out to "Killa Kali".
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Turrry
It could be worse, my girl laughed at me one time I had a wreck while taking her home the day before my birthday, bitch even said "well....happy birthday".
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Teching In

theres plenty of ppl like that, he probably actually thinks that he beat you : (
Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Launching!

i wouldnt suggest letting these cars even get low on gas, in-tank fuel pumps hate it, lol

Quick Reply: My camaro SS got killed by a chevy cobalt ls