Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

small run with sprayed GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default small run with sprayed GT

So im in my hometown, as there having a Shrimp Festival for Memorial Weekend. Also have softball tournaments, but anyways im cruising around with my little cousin (he's 17) and ive seen this 05+ Mustang GT around earlier. Maroon with Black Wheels, looks like a Regency Model as it has more appearance upgrades then your regular GT. I notice that he's right behind me for awhile, i then take a turn and as im doing that. I hear him rev it up, and it wasnt loud at all. Very quite, so i realize its just a stock GT. I end up turning back onto the street and following him as i saw he kept going straight. He then turned around and is coming back towards me. So this time, i put it into Neutral, let the car coast till i get next to him and i hear him give a rev and i throw some revs back at him. My cars pretty damn loud, so i cant hear his car at all.

So he's starts following me as ive turned around again. We finally head out of town and he stays behind me, were at about 55 to 60mph. we get a good straight away and i spot that he's gonna try the ricer flyby. I see the car in the rear view pick up quickly and he switches into the passing lane. So knowing he's doing this, i just floor it and for awhile. He's not gaining, i dont his lights anywhere near my door and then all of a sudden. Here he comes pulling me in easily, and ends up with about half a fender/front wheels ahead of me then lets off as we see some lights coming. I was like there's no ******* way a stock GT can pull on me like that. Some of you Mustang guy's might call bs or something, but ive had enough races against stock 05+ Gt's to know that a stock one cant pull on me that easy much less pull at all with me hitting it while ahead. 1st thought, was he's sprayed and i tell my cousin this. As we both head back into town, he pulls over. I stop with him and i ask him what he has and he tells me "its just a 4.6 3V with a 200 shot". I was like that's cool, he asked if we wanted to run them. Told him sure, he said he had to do something and he would hit me up later. Never did run them but it was a nice little run and he sure was pulling pretty damn easy on me.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Teching In

A 200 shot!! That motor must be built to handle that too i dont think a stock one would last very long on that before it blew,,,,,
Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

BS on the 200 shot. Probably was running a basic wet kit 75-150 shot tops.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

That's what he told me, but im pretty damn sure it was just a stock engine. It didnt sound modded at all, especially when i heard his 1st rev's. It sounded no louder then what a normal stock GT would sound like.

Im with you guys on the amount of nitrous though. I didnt mention it in the story but at the time. I was even thinking that a 200shot was just way to much for the stock engine.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

if it is a 200 shot he won't run it for long.
I bet he was just trying to make his car sound more bad *** by saying he runs a huge shot of juice.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A GT on any decent shot should pull on you so nice death regardless!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bs on the 200 as well...

honorable death.

I have seen a very lightly modded 3v on a 100 shot.. that car moved out for what it was...
Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

probably 150 at very most.

most people don't run over that on stock engine
Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Good death me and the team leader(he drives a black supra) were out there this past saturday and only a few people were out.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ midland have a good scene? I have some buddys from their. Maybe I need to make a trip and see whats up.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
^ midland have a good scene? I have some buddys from their. Maybe I need to make a trip and see whats up.
Man, midland has a dead scene now its not like how it was back then everybody is afraid to come out now thats why we go to odessa now its a better scene there.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

There was a guy running around with a 200-shot stock S197 for QUITE a while.... not unbelievable. And then there's the guy with a S197/3V, longtube headers, intake and not much else running a 100 shot generating 420whp/520wtq running 11.6 ETs....
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by antonio84
Good death me and the team leader(he drives a black supra) were out there this past saturday and only a few people were out.
Cool, yeaa im thinking this GT is apart of Untamed Performance. He looks similar to the leader of Untamed Performance, who has a new White C6 Vette. Idk if you've seen it?? Im thinkin they may be brother's, if not cousins. Its a nice looking GT though. I didnt see any Untamed badge on it though, but i saw them pull up together once in Balmorhea.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

don't c a 200 shot on that ...
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Cool, yeaa im thinking this GT is apart of Untamed Performance. He looks similar to the leader of Untamed Performance, who has a new White C6 Vette. Idk if you've seen it?? Im thinkin they may be brother's, if not cousins. Its a nice looking GT though. I didnt see any Untamed badge on it though, but i saw them pull up together once in Balmorhea.
Hmm interesting havent heard about this team and havent seen a white C6 in odessa yet but hopefully we'll be back in odessa in a couple of weeks hopefully theyre be some cars out.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by antonio84
Hmm interesting havent heard about this team and havent seen a white C6 in odessa yet but hopefully we'll be back in odessa in a couple of weeks hopefully theyre be some cars out.
They used to have a shop down on 8th Street. Now it belongs to some guy, its called Martins Muffler's or something like that. I dont think Untamed has very much ppl, and you hardly see them or any car's with there sticker's out. All i know is the White Vette, his younger brother's black Ws6 & then this Stang GT if its in it.