Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6

Well i finally ran into a new camaro. I gotta say, they are very good looking cars, and at 23k for 300hp, seem like a pretty good value. Me and my gf went out to eat, and after leaving the restaurant we got stuck behind one at a light. when the light turned green, he floored it, so i floored it and sucked him up pretty easily. he was about 2-3 cars ahead of me when he took off, and by the end of 2nd i was about half a car ahead, then when i shifted to third i pulled about 3-4 cars ahead and was still pulling when i shifted to 4th, then i shut it down. He then proceeded to do a domestic ricer flyby.

we turned onto the same stretch of highway after that, but because of traffic, we couldn't get any clear road. When we finally did, i was about 10 cars ahead so i slowed down so he could catch up. Well instead of lining up, he sped up and did yet another domestic ricer flyby. I caught up to him and tried to get his attention by honking. He was about 2 cars ahead of me, but everytime I tried to get close, he'd just look my way, start smiling and floor it.

I let him do that 2 times without reacting, and each time he'd get on the brakes and slow way down for me to catch up. Then when i'd get within about 2 cars, he'd take off. Well on the 3rd time he did it, I had already downshifted to 5th and we were both doing about 90 already. When i saw him take off again, i floored it. I was about 2 cars behind when the race started, by about 135 I was 6 cars ahead and still pulling. After that he just stayed behind me, then turned off.

I'd like to get a good race from a dig against one of these, or the new SS when they arive. If the dealerships were stocking them, i wouldn't mind going to take a look at one. They look pretty badass. Anyway, it was fun. I was still in race mode from the autocross earlier in the day, so it was good to have a little fun.

Last edited by ODUB; 06-03-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

mods are in my sig... only power mods i have are an HKS catback and a dirty K&N drop in filter. no tune, no other power adders.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ODUB
Well i finally ran into a new camaro. I gotta say, they are very good looking cars, and at 23k for 300hp, seem like a pretty good value. Me and my gf went out to eat, and after leaving the restaurant we got stuck behind one at a light. when the light turned green, he floored it, so i floored it and sucked him up pretty easily. he was about 2-3 cars ahead of me when he took off, and by the end of 2nd i was about half a car ahead, then when i shifted to third i pulled about 3-4 cars ahead and was still pulling when i shifted to 4th, then i shut it down. He then proceeded to do a domestic ricer flyby.

we turned onto the same stretch of highway after that, but because of traffic, we couldn't get any clear road. When we finally did, i was about 10 cars ahead so i slowed down so he could catch up. Well instead of lining up, he sped up and did yet another domestic ricer flyby. I caught up to him and tried to get his attention by honking. He was about 2 cars ahead of me, but everytime I tried to get close, he'd just look my way, start smiling and floor it.

I let him do that 2 times without reacting, and each time he'd get on the brakes and slow way down for me to catch up. Then when i'd get within about 2 cars, he'd take off. Well on the 3rd time he did it, I had already downshifted to 5th and we were both doing about 90 already. When i saw him take off again, i floored it. I was about 2 cars behind when the race started, by about 135 I was 6 cars ahead and still pulling. After that he just stayed behind me, then turned off.

I'd like to get a good race from a dig against one of these, or the new SS when they arive. If the dealerships were stocking them, i wouldn't mind going to take a look at one. They look pretty badass. Anyway, it was fun. I was still in race mode from the autocross earlier in the day, so it was good to have a little fun.
You "downshifted" into 5th at 90? Lol..
Old 06-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
You "downshifted" into 5th at 90? Lol..
yes. the EVO MR has a 6 speed manual transmission. the car goes to ~134mph at 7000rpm (redline) in 5th gear. redline speed in 6th gear is ~167mph
Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Well I'm glad you didn't lose. You need to run up against a v8 camaro. That rs is not match for you. The camaros look okay.. I think the rear ends look like crap. I do like the fronts on them tho.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Well I'm glad you didn't lose. You need to run up against a v8 camaro. That rs is not match for you. The camaros look okay.. I think the rear ends look like crap. I do like the fronts on them tho.
I want to run an SS, but there aren't many around here yet. It was a fun race just to see the expression on the guy's face when i passed him. not many people around here know what my car is. most think it's a honda accord with a body kit.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

sound alittle fishy, I dont doubt that you would waste him and pretty bad but to go from 2 cars behind to 6 lengths ahead that fast takes a huge power differance between cars. You car is also barely modded.

I raced a evo with my moms 07 G35 sedan(not G37) on the freeway, with 4 200+ pound guys in the car(my bros) and we pulled on him more than once and he never pulled on us. My moms car is bone stock too. The runs were from ~75mph-~130mph. We didnt beat him too bad(maybe a car) but we still won
Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
sound alittle fishy, I dont doubt that you would waste him and pretty bad but to go from 2 cars behind to 6 lengths ahead that fast takes a huge power differance between cars. You car is also barely modded.

I raced a evo with my moms 07 G35 sedan(not G37) on the freeway, with 4 200+ pound guys in the car(my bros) and we pulled on him more than once and he never pulled on us. My moms car is bone stock too. The runs were from ~75mph-~130mph. We didnt beat him too bad(maybe a car) but we still won
there's something seriously wrong with your story...BIGTIME. 2007 G35's run around 14.6, and they trap around 98-100mph. depending on the EVO, they can trap anywhere from 103-108 and are capable of running 12 second 1/4 mile times bone stock, and you are actually going to say that you beat one with 800lbs of extra weight in a car that's already almost 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile and traps up to 10mph less?

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahaha

that's all i have to say about that post. i've run a buddy's 2008 G35 sedan from a roll and beat him pretty badly. he owns an M45, but it was in the shop so infiniti gave him a G35 as a loaner. we ran after work one day and it wasn't even close. i've never lost to a G35 sedan or coupe, and i've outrun every 350Z (which are faster than G's by the way) i've ever run. G's are slow, and you're obviously full of ****.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

there's something seriously wrong with your story...BIGTIME. 2007 G35's run around 14.6, and they trap around 98-100mph. depending on the EVO, they can trap anywhere from 103-108 and are capable of running 12 second 1/4 mile times bone stock, and you are actually going to say that you beat one with 800lbs of extra weight in a car that's already almost 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile and traps up to 10mph less?

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahaha

that's all i have to say about that post.
you must be thinking of the old g35's my moms is the new body style with the 306hp right before the put the 330hp 3.7. Here car does mid to high 13s and the G37s do mid to low 13s. I Honestly didnt believe it myself but it did happen.

The only reason why evos put down good numbers is cuz they are AWD.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Teching In

you must be thinking of the old g35's my moms is the new body style with the 306hp right before the put the 330hp 3.7. Here car does mid to high 13s and the G37s do mid to low 13s. I Honestly didnt believe it myself but it did happen.

The only reason why evos put down good numbers is cuz they are AWD.
hahahahahahahaha wow. i'm sorry you're so missinformed. i'll help you out. the G35 sedan with 306hp still weighs 3700lbs. so you've got a car with 306hp at 3700lbs, and another car with more hp (EVO IX's were underrated at 286 and actually put out around 315hp) that only weighs 3200lbs....hmmm, not that hard to figure out. also, you said that you had 4 200lb+ people in the car, so you're hauling 4500lbs around with 306hp against a car that weighs 1300lbs less, and has more hp and yet you still won? that's physically impossible.

i call bullshit on that story all day long. you can't fight physics. as for the AWD is the EVO's only weapon arguement, that's BS. the EVO will beat a G35 or G37 sedan from a dig or a roll. Evidence is in the trap speeds. G35/37's trap from 98-103mph at best. EVO 8-9's trap 103-107+mph. with or without the launch, the EVO will win.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

hahahahahahahaha wow. i'm sorry you're so missinformed. i'll help you out. the G35 sedan with 306hp still weighs 3700lbs. so you've got a car with 306hp at 3700lbs, and another car with more hp (EVO IX's were underrated at 286 and actually put out around 315hp) that only weighs 3200lbs....hmmm, not that hard to figure out. also, you said that you had 4 200lb+ people in the car, so you're hauling 4500lbs around with 306hp against a car that weighs 1300lbs less, and has more hp and yet you still won? that's physically impossible.

i call bullshit on that story all day long. you can't fight physics. as for the AWD is the EVO's only weapon arguement, that's BS. the EVO will beat a G35 or G37 sedan from a dig or a roll. Evidence is in the trap speeds. G35/37's trap from 98-103mph at best. EVO 8-9's trap 103-107+mph. with or without the launch, the EVO will win.
AWD will affect trap speeds and my story sounds like bull but....well you not gonna believe me no matter what I tell you(honestly with good reason)

Back to the matter at hand you suposedly be a new v6 camaro by 8 lengths,form a 90mph roll to a 135mph roll, no way that just doesnt make sense. I know you'll whoop on him bad 3-4 cars probably but 8 come on dude
Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Teching In

AWD will affect trap speeds and my story sounds like bull but....well you not gonna believe me no matter what I tell you(honestly with good reason)

Back to the matter at hand you suposedly be a new v6 camaro by 8 lengths,form a 90mph roll to a 135mph roll, no way that just doesnt make sense. I know you'll whoop on him bad 3-4 cars probably but 8 come on dude
AWD negatively affects trap speeds. AWD cars trap lower because of the traction off the line. your story is complete bull. a car with 306hp hauling 4700lbs will not pull a car with roughly the same hp hauling at least 1400lbs less. that just doesn't make any sense.

as for the camaro, i'm just reporting what happened. when i looked up at 135mph, i was about 6 cars ahead. maybe he had let off by then, i don't know, don't care. all i know is that i sucked him up, passed him, then pulled endlessly.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Teching In

yes. the EVO MR has a 6 speed manual transmission. the car goes to ~134mph at 7000rpm (redline) in 5th gear. redline speed in 6th gear is ~167mph
Wow thats gay IMO..my 3rd goes to 100, 4th 140, and 5th 200..6th is OD
Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Launching!

I think a 2010 Camaro SS would be a good race with an Evo IX MR, they both seem to have the potential to run high 12s bone stock.

The 2010 V6 Camaro looks good in terms of its horsepower rating, but its weight and its lack of torque makes it like a low to mid 14 second car. Its more of a v6 Genesis Coupe competitor lol.

And as far as a G35 vs an EVO goes, the G35 wouldnt stand a chance. Actually, the G35 would be a good race for a new V6 Camaro tho.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thats gay IMO..my 3rd goes to 100, 4th 140, and 5th 200..6th is OD
You are an idiot.

I don't see any problems with the OP's story. Good kill.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juicy J
You are an idiot.

I don't see any problems with the OP's story. Good kill.
I'm an idiot for staying that I wouldn't like it if my car redlined 5th at 134? I didn't see a problem with his story either. Sorry I like getting 26 mpg.

On a side note your car is slow so
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ Trolls... Good kill OP. You need to run an SS... most likely will be a different out come
Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon5212
^^^ Trolls... Good kill OP. You need to run an SS... most likely will be a different out come
Shhhhhh I was originally just asking the OP if he really meant to say he downshifted into 5th because if I have to downshift into 5th for a race its already going way too fast as is..
Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm an idiot for staying that I wouldn't like it if my car redlined 5th at 134? I didn't see a problem with his story either. Sorry I like getting 26 mpg.

On a side note your car is slow so
lol How would you know if my car was slow.

Who gives a **** if 5th tops out at 134... sounds like 6th is useable so it doesn't exactly matter.

Sounds like you would think riding around in some geared LSx's would be "gay" too.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juicy J
lol How would you know if my car was slow.

Who gives a **** if 5th tops out at 134... sounds like 6th is useable so it doesn't exactly matter.

Sounds like you would think riding around in some geared LSx's would be "gay" too.
I know 6th is usable, hence my comment of how I like 26 mpg due to OD. geared LSx's? as in 4.10's? I would I guess, because normally high gears in cars with alot of power is useless due to traction issues.

Quick Reply: 2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6