Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

What are some of these people thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some of these people thinking?

This isn't much of a kill, or even a race, but it amused me so I figured I'd post it.

So... I work with rental cars. Maintenance, detailing, and I fuel them at a local gas station. Tonight as I was leaving the gas station, I saw a long line of cars coming off the previous light, but I figured I could make it out and stopped at the next one. Someone pulls up next to me and at first I think nothing of it, until I hear some obnoxious weedwacker noises. I look over, kid motions to roll down my window to talk and asks if I wanted to race. He didn't look a day over twelve so I blew him off and rolled up the window. Yet it sparked my curiosity. From what I could tell, it was an early 90's eclipse with a fart can and who knows what else. I looked over through the window and motioned to go on the light. He nodded, light changed, we go.

Got up to about 90 and he was clearly behind me.

I was driving a company 2009 Nissan Altima. Base model 2.5L 4 cylinder. Rice-Fail. Missed my bird though
Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good kill, I guess. But yea your right WTF??
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Had a guy in a grand am, and a guy in a cobalt ls both with big fat can's try to run the GT500.... hell my buddy says his altima se special edition will outrun any of my vehicles, does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and can out handle a Lotus on a roadcourse...
Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Xtremes10
hell my buddy says his altima se special edition will outrun any of my vehicles, does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and can out handle a Lotus on a roadcourse...
either he's put a lot of $$$$$ into that car.... or you need to get new friends
Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Xtremes10
hell my buddy says his altima se special edition will outrun any of my vehicles, does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and can out handle a Lotus on a roadcourse...
wait, his altima can or your GT500 can?

Another little gem to add to this thread is how my buddy says his Lexus runs an 8.24s 1/4. He and his friends were out and he measured it out with another friend's ford explorer's odo. and timed it on his buddy's cell phone stopwatch.

It's completely stock. Except for chrome tail lights.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got one too. My neighbor has a Grand prix that runs basement 12's, my camaro runs mid 12's. Last night Neighbor and i were out on 1st drive on his brand new tranny, both cars in case he broke down. we stopped at a light, the light changed, we both got on it a little, once again, shake down drive on a new trans so nothing spectacular.

like 3/4 throttle up to bout 50 mph then slowed a little, out of nowhere a beige Suburban 2500 that was at the light with us goes flyin past us at prob 70 or 80 mph and swerves into our lanes in front of us like he just won the race.

Me and Zach instantly looked at each other and laughed. wheres a good cop when you need one.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula'94
wait, his altima can or your GT500 can?

Another little gem to add to this thread is how my buddy says his Lexus runs an 8.24s 1/4. He and his friends were out and he measured it out with another friend's ford explorer's odo. and timed it on his buddy's cell phone stopwatch.

It's completely stock. Except for chrome tail lights.
wtf is our youth coming to..?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Hah no he didn't put any money into his altima, he also said his neighbor has a dodge dually with a twin turbo diesel pushing (and I still dont know how...) 115 pounds of boost and somehow ONLY making 800 horse and 1000 ft lbs of torque and at full weight with those numbers runs low 9's in the 1/4
Old 06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother in-law says that his stock Mitsubishi Marage runs 13.0 flat and that he would spank my V! I just laugh at him and wonder why god would make such a simple minded person and then give him to my sister
Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those people you guys are posting about just prove there is not enough chlorine in the gene pool.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
wtf is our youth coming to..?
makes the rest of us youngins look bad
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

ricers won't run me but i got hell in my v6 lol. Too bad I don't know idiots, these posts are hilarious!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
makes the rest of us youngins look bad
word up homie... shitz wack man.. people be talkin all dis nonsince... damn foows...

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
ricers won't run me but i got hell in my v6 lol. Too bad I don't know idiots, these posts are hilarious!
i have told people my car is a v6 with exhaust.............. yes, there has been plenty of kids that think they know cars or are into them that believe me..

as my ms4 hits a lick through my LTs and 1 chambers dumped before the axle..
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow Lemons, i would have called bullshit on that when i was too young to drive. but.... I know people now that are older than me ( im 22) that would believe you. I never lie to people, i just keep my mouth shut ant let there imagination run wild. Its one of the most entertaining things in the world
Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Launching!

i have told people my car is a v6 with exhaust.............. yes, there has been plenty of kids that think they know cars or are into them that believe me..

as my ms4 hits a lick through my LTs and 1 chambers dumped before the axle..

I wouldn't believe this unless i've done it myself, told another trans am owner after i whooped his *** that my car was completely stock with a cutout . Like you couldn't hear the cam, or the obnoxiously loud exhaust note from the longtubes and Ory being dumped at the rear axle. He believed me too said "man that's really fast for stock i wish mine ran like that it's stock too" LOL
Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
Oh man i have a run in with a ricer everytime i go out driving. Just over the weekend had a run with a boosted integra apparently he thought he had something for me had his cute g/f in the car an everything, he soon found he didn't have ****. I was nice and said good run, he replied "i was only on 7lb's" i said oh yeah you need more apparently lol.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
wow Lemons, i would have called bullshit on that when i was too young to drive. but.... I know people now that are older than me ( im 22) that would believe you. I never lie to people, i just keep my mouth shut ant let there imagination run wild. Its one of the most entertaining things in the world
i know.. it blows my mind the things some people think/say... sometimes it kinda confuses me... its sad when your dumb enough to confuse someone...

Originally Posted by 89tang
I wouldn't believe this unless i've done it myself, told another trans am owner after i whooped his *** that my car was completely stock with a cutout . Like you couldn't hear the cam, or the obnoxiously loud exhaust note from the longtubes and Ory being dumped at the rear axle. He believed me too said "man that's really fast for stock i wish mine ran like that it's stock too" LOL
haha..

long story short..
i raced a guy once.. i knew of his car, he didnt really know me.. i asked him what he had done.. he told me "its stock man" with a little smirk..
i proceeded to name off his mod list...
he was like, wait... what?

haha.. funny ****..
Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 89tang
Oh man i have a run in with a ricer everytime i go out driving. Just over the weekend had a run with a boosted integra apparently he thought he had something for me had his cute g/f in the car an everything, he soon found he didn't have ****. I was nice and said good run, he replied "i was only on 7lb's" i said oh yeah you need more apparently lol.
on the way home from work the other night.... (12 am)

now remember the mods my car has... its LOUD.. especially at WOT or close to it.. you can literally hear it from miles away..

im cruising along doing the speed limit.. i know im in a section where cops like to sit... its about 1 mile from the outside of town.. then its a long strait till the next town...
i pass by a little prelude or whatever the hell those things are.. black blacked out lights fart can stickers yada yada yada...
i kinda laughed to myself.. i passed him minding my own business and he comes back up side me.. he waits for a few seconds, down shifts and guns it.. i sit there and grin...
about 3/4 passes... i see tail lights in a parking lot.. hes still trying to race me... i get to the tail lights and there is literally around 9-10 cop cars sitting there with cops all standing outside..

so we get to the straight shot to the next town.. its a good 6 miles or so.. he pulls up next to me again and i roll down my window... he says "what are you doing, are you scared?" i laughed and said did you not see the cops back there? he says "whatever man you gonna do this or not i cant hear a word your saying"
i said yea as soon as we get over this hill...

he down shifts.. i motion for him to go... he takes off.......

needless to say from about 40-95 or 100 i pulled around 10 on him... i was 3/4 throttle...

he pulled up and i got the normal HOLY **** THAT THING IS ******* LOUD AS **** AND SICK FAST!!!! hahaa.... i said thanks man and rolled my window up....

silly ricers never learn..
Old 06-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Hahaha gotta love ricers, i bet you get bothered by the cops as much as i do. Infact just the other day i was pulling out on a busy street i got on it alittle an pulled into the gas station. I'm filling the tank up and a cop pulls up has his window down and yells "Hey there something wrong with the gas pedal on that thing" I said nope seems fine sorry . He gave me a dirty look at left, i don't believe he saw me cause i didn't see him and he didn't give me a ticket which is amazing but i think he heard me oops. And last year i got a 120 dollar ticket for loud exhaust from a statie that claimed i rev'ed my car at him when i passed idiot. It was pouring down rain i was on a highway when i passed him he had someone pulled over, he proceeded to hunt me down for 10miles through traffic to pull me over.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

on the way home from work the other night.... (12 am)

now remember the mods my car has... its LOUD.. especially at WOT or close to it.. you can literally hear it from miles away..

im cruising along doing the speed limit.. i know im in a section where cops like to sit... its about 1 mile from the outside of town.. then its a long strait till the next town...
i pass by a little prelude or whatever the hell those things are.. black blacked out lights fart can stickers yada yada yada...
i kinda laughed to myself.. i passed him minding my own business and he comes back up side me.. he waits for a few seconds, down shifts and guns it.. i sit there and grin...
about 3/4 passes... i see tail lights in a parking lot.. hes still trying to race me... i get to the tail lights and there is literally around 9-10 cop cars sitting there with cops all standing outside..

so we get to the straight shot to the next town.. its a good 6 miles or so.. he pulls up next to me again and i roll down my window... he says "what are you doing, are you scared?" i laughed and said did you not see the cops back there? he says "whatever man you gonna do this or not i cant hear a word your saying"
i said yea as soon as we get over this hill...

he down shifts.. i motion for him to go... he takes off.......

needless to say from about 40-95 or 100 i pulled around 10 on him... i was 3/4 throttle...

he pulled up and i got the normal HOLY **** THAT THING IS ******* LOUD AS **** AND SICK FAST!!!! hahaa.... i said thanks man and rolled my window up....

silly ricers never learn..
first no way that prelude was racing. you even said he had stickers and fart can. why must you lie to make you feel like your car is fast?!?!?! the cops were only a figment of your imagination, to keep you from racing and protect yourself from the embarrassment from losing to a blacked out prelude.