Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2004 STI

Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2004 STI

well we were heading out to the local races and i met up with one of my friends who has an 2004 Subaru STI. the thing is VERY nice. carbon fiber hood. and trunk. used to have carbon fiber bumpers but went back to the stock ones. so we were cruising down the highway around 60 mph next to each other. we looked over at each other and both downshifted to 2 gear.

i gave the 3 honks and off we went.. we were neck and neck until 4 gear as he slowly started to pull away. by the time we shut down at 120 mph he had 1 car length on me. pulled back next to each other and he was surprised

now hes one of those guys who doesnt really like to say whats all done to his car & what it did on the dyno. all i know is its got a bigger turbo setup, built motor, and supporting mods. but its untuned so thats probably what set him back even more. but whatever i was proud of my ride holding its ground. my mods are in my sig.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a quick, yet fun, run. Those sti's will roll pretty well stock, let alone once you mod those bad boys. From a roll, he put a car on you within 60mph of acceleration. He must have a fair amount of work done.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yea hes def got a lot more work done then me. from digs his car beats pretty much anyone... but if it was stock for stock then ya i kill them from rolls all day

Search this Thread