Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricearoni and a sweet '69

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ricearoni and a sweet '69

Yesterday I was heading into town and found this monstrosity. I was not in the TA, sadly, but I did manage to snap this while I was driving. This thing has no less than four 6-8" lights stuck on the front. And if that front fender looks a little blurry, it's because it's flapping in the breeze like a blanket.
It had it all... park bench spoiler, crappy body kit, diamond plate dash, yellow window tint... Only thing it's missing is the coffee can exhaust.

Today, I had to run into town. I was on my way home when I saw a very clean '69 Camaro SS in front of me. Figured I'd check it out. But as I pulled up, I couldn't help but notice that there was an IRS stuffed under it. We caught the light and talked a bit. Turns out he's got an LS1 (OEM crate), 4L60E with paddle shifters and the IRS. Plus he's swapped in the dash and center console. Very nice work. He suggested we run, so we left on green. I pulled him slightly in first (traction is always an issue...) but ran away once I got into second. Thumbs and waves, and he pulled into WallyWorld. I turned around and came back, hoping to catch him for a chat, but no luck. I did find the car and get a couple shots, but didn't have time to wait for him to come back out.

Those are 275/40-17's on the rear, on old school cragars.

Interior pic. Love the paddle shifters.

And the IRS. Not the greatest pictures, but I didn't have my camera with me. These are off my iPhone.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf is wrong with people and ricing their cars out to hell sick camaro though and that must have been awesome to run with him
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's done a fabulous job on the Camaro. It's gorgeous. The run was no big deal, really. A stock LS1 is no match for a blown 383 LT. Fun, but the outcome was never in doubt.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if you would have been in the T/A during the ricer run-in you may have had a murder rap! The second you would have punched it the vibration from your loud exhaust and the shrieking from your blown 383 would have evaporated him and his plastic body kit that was flapping in the wind!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ROFL-ing at the boob in the POS. That's unbelievable.