Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toasted a 5.reallyfreakinslow, lame story

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Toasted a 5.reallyfreakinslow, lame story

So yesterday I made a valiant attempt to get to new mexico, but thanks to arizona I couldn't (anyone know what happened on the I-17? I got stuck there for about 4 hours).

So at one point on my way home, I come across an old beat-*** black fastback 5.0, not sure of the year but it had the recessed lights so I think 83 or 84ish? Well, I could see him from a ways off because it was smoking like a chimney, but I was just cruising at 75 and came up next to him. It was a young kid with those wierd thick-framed black glasses and a bad case of white fro, and 3 of his buddies. Full car. He looks over at me, points and laughs, and tried to take off. His car made some coughing sounds so I assumed it was on. I downshifted to 5th!! and basically put a bus on him by the time I hit 100, he came flying back up after a bit and gave me the finger. I think this is the slowest car I have ever raced, and I'm ashamed of myself.

What the hell, I drove damn near 1000 miles yesterday and this is the ONLY race or ever remotely close to a race I got. Also, not ragging on 5.0's here, last time I went to NM I got my *** HANDED to me by one running slicks and skinnies and a turbo so big it had a hole in the front bumper for it to suck in air.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

1000 miles/kill? That is a really bad ratio. Sweet kill, the finger just means youre #1.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. He obviously didn't give you a run for your money, but that's the best part considering the guy seems like a huge douche bag.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Poor kids and their 5.0's.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
So yesterday I made a valiant attempt to get to new mexico, but thanks to arizona I couldn't (anyone know what happened on the I-17? I got stuck there for about 4 hours).

So at one point on my way home, I come across an old beat-*** black fastback 5.0, not sure of the year but it had the recessed lights so I think 83 or 84ish? Well, I could see him from a ways off because it was smoking like a chimney, but I was just cruising at 75 and came up next to him. It was a young kid with those wierd thick-framed black glasses and a bad case of white fro, and 3 of his buddies. Full car. He looks over at me, points and laughs, and tried to take off. His car made some coughing sounds so I assumed it was on. I downshifted to 5th!! and basically put a bus on him by the time I hit 100, he came flying back up after a bit and gave me the finger. I think this is the slowest car I have ever raced, and I'm ashamed of myself.

What the hell, I drove damn near 1000 miles yesterday and this is the ONLY race or ever remotely close to a race I got. Also, not ragging on 5.0's here, last time I went to NM I got my *** HANDED to me by one running slicks and skinnies and a turbo so big it had a hole in the front bumper for it to suck in air.
there was a fatal rollover on i-17 yesterday afternoon and it was closed up all night.. i know cus i live off I17, and i had to take the backroads into town last night.. good kill
Old 06-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Launching!

No need to feel bad about that kill you have to show slower cars were they are in the food chain . And i own a stang i take no offense to your post, infact i actually hate 90% of mustang owner's i meet myself.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
there was a fatal rollover on i-17 yesterday afternoon and it was closed up all night.. i know cus i live off I17, and i had to take the backroads into town last night.. good kill
Wow so thats what it was, I was sitting there for a while and talked to a highway patrol guy and he just said there was an accident that blocked both lanes.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 89tang
No need to feel bad about that kill you have to show slower cars were they are in the food chain . And i own a stang i take no offense to your post, infact i actually hate 90% of mustang owner's i meet myself.
I was just at my auto hobby shop changing my oil and I was talking to a guy with an ex CHP 5.0, he was saying the same thing that 90% of the guys he meets with mustangs are idiots. I didn't think it was that bad? Then I got another taste of it on my way home. I see a clean silver new edge hurrying up behind me, so I slow down and he just gets next to me and stares, girl in the other side. So he speeds off a little and then later I pass him up and I guess he didn't like it, because he got right on my back bumper and started jamming the gas and letting off. Of course I had to show him the business, so I drop to 3rd at 70 and let it rip, he gets a big black cloud of smoke and I'm gone. I guess his girl laughed at him because he immediately cut across all the lanes and ditched into the next exit.

Last edited by Arc00TA; 06-28-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Yeah the new edge owners of stangs seem to be alittle worse then the 5.0 owners from what i've seen. This one a few weeks ago was trying like hell to race me acting like a complete fool, spinning the tires at every stoplight trying to fishtail around the corner onto the highway then was powershifting trying to get the rear to break loose he'd shift and turn the wheel alittle lol but it wasn't breaking loose just swerving around. I took off after him and caught him with no problem so i just let him go and went on my way as he continued to speed through traffic .
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

damn, i can never find any races out in San Diego, only a couple decent ones with an evo and a bolt on and tuned new edge. I guess im just that unlucky. surprised i havent bumped into you yet
Old 06-29-2009, 01:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran into 3 or 4 vettes the other day. I think only old people own them in my area as no one wanted to play. I really want to run an LS3 and see what happens. Almost everyone here has a mustang and I have only met a few of them who are cool. One guy kept throwing revs at me in a newer one but I could barely hear his exhaust lol. What were you going to mexico for anyways?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPLATT
damn, i can never find any races out in San Diego, only a couple decent ones with an evo and a bolt on and tuned new edge. I guess im just that unlucky. surprised i havent bumped into you yet
I wasn't in san diego, I was about 400 miles out of cali lol. And the stang today didn't count, since I just drove away from him, that isn't a race in my book (even though if we raced the same thing would happen)
Old 07-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Teching In

This kid will show you a good time with his 5.0.

Just let me fill up my bottle.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Launching!

where was your bottle at speedworld a few friday ago?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph

What? Sounds like a sketchy personals ad.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Hmm. Or we talking about cars here, or...........................
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
What? Sounds like a sketchy personals ad.
LOL 5.0 what? inches??
Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

You know how I know you're gay?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol this is gunna get good.