Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Establishing Dominance

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Establishing Dominance

Cruising down 501(long 4-lane with grass and concrete dividers) yesterday, I come to the redlight just before you can get on 31. I think it was at Tanger. I'm about 4 cars back in the left lane and when the light goes green, I hear exhaust and acceleration. I think to myself, "that's a stang". So I switch lanes and see a red Mustang up ahead. Being the local that I kinda am, I take the 31 exit and bypass the cars on 501 to merge back into 501 a short distance up the road and merged in front of him. There really wasn't any traffic in front of us so I get over in the left lane and wait for him to pull even in the right lane. So he does and we're doing about 60 and I'm in 3rd. I tap throttle to let him know I wanna do battle. He is the enemy so I must eliminate him, lol. I look over and notice Cobra emblems, 99 or 01 body, with a big tach and shift light and 3 A-pillar gauges. He looks over and replies with a tap of the throttle. I give him motion to go and he takes the bait.

His Cobra jumps out a half a car to try to get away but I know what he doesn't; he won't get away, hahaha. I nail it and pull even and then put a bumper on him when he hits the brakes. I think, he's pretty quick. That was closer than it should have been, time to destroy him. I slow back down to get back beside him. Now he's looking over at me tapping throttle making his car jump and has this look like, "you sure you want to go again?" I start smiling and downshift into 2nd. He then downshifts and to battle we go again, this time, I want his snake's head. I give him signal to go and he does. This time he only gets a bumper on me before I stop his pull and then I put a bumper on him, then back off the gas. He pulls back even, still going WOT, and I nail it again, put a bumper on him then back off again. I did this, on & off throttle about 5 or 6 times to him then decided to finish him. Unleashed the power of the LS1 and shifted into 3rd and yanked a car on him. Once I got the car length, I see him cram the brakes and slowed WAY down! I looked back again and he was about 20 cars back and wouldn't catch back up to me even though I slowed down to 45 in a 60 zone. I wanted to give him the thumbs up but oh well. It may have had to do with the fact he had a girl riding with him, lol.

That was my 1st actual run with a Cobra. I also noticed it had Cobra emblems in the grille. It was a nice looking car and sounded good. Oh yeah, one more thing, Linkin Park's new song, New Divide(Transformer's theme song) was playing while the Cobra was getting skint, lol.

I also had an Evo 8 or 9 in my grasp but an I'm-a-***-Yellow 350Z vert saved it's life.

Heading home from the fireworks at Broadway, down 501, I'm behind a slow car in right lane and everything is passing me in the left lane. I see only two more cars to pass before I can get over. I look out my window to see a Silver Evo passing by, followed by the Yellow 350Z. I said, "Evo, import, July 4th, I'm in my SS Camaro.......must eliminate." I got behind them and was following them through the little bit of traffic there was. Fast Forward Now in the right lane passing last slow car in the left. I notice the pace has slowed down and car in left lane and 350Z is traveling at same rate. I'm thinking, "He's not gonna let me by." After another mile or two of following this pace, car in left lane slows and allows me to get over. As I do, I notice Evo is 20-25 cars ahead of the irritaing 350Z. So, I give chase. I catch up to them and again, nothing near us in front or behind.

I get beside them and am ready to deliver a brutal beating to an unwelcome import. I tap throttle to get their attention. They look over. I give them sign to go and tap throttle again. Quickly something comes flying on my @$$ blinding me with lights. Brights, dims, brights, dims. I knew it wasn't a cop as there were no blues in there. I think someone has an emergency so I speed up and get over in front of Evo. I see 350Z flying by me and changes lanes in front of me now. Then, as I'm watching the Z get in front of me, the Evo is passing me now. All 3 of us is now approaching a slower car in the left lane. I floor it and slam the door on Evo before it can get in front of me. I give it a rev as I go by so now my attention is on 350Z as I'm running him down. I catch up with him and get beside him. Give him a rev and he looks over and then looks back straight. I know he's not going to go so I give him a rev of my disapproval and am on my way home. We come to the redlight at Carolina Forest and I'm many cars back in left lane. 350Z comes creeping by me in right lane as Evo is turning into CF. As Evo passes 350Z, they both honk at each other and wave. I feel like that 350Z knew what was about to happen to their friend or whatever and saved them.

I've never run an Evo before so I was looking forward to putting one down. Oh well, there will be another some day. It won't be as lucky as this one was.

Sorry for the novel but I hope at least someone thinks it's a good read.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

write a book about your exploits of terrorizing cobras and the gay relationship between the 350z owner and the evo owner! maybe you will run into them again and put a sword right inbetween their import love affair!! That'll dominate em!

hahaha it was a good read

Last edited by ryonyanko; 07-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

poor Cobra...but you didn't put a gun to his head and make him race..and I was expecting to hear of a 350Z or Evo beating so get back out there on the hunt!...and for goodness sake get a video this time
Old 07-05-2009, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Lol, thanks guys! I hadn't planned to race. I was just heading to a fireworks show and happened upon Cobra on the way there and the two imports on the way home. Next time I head out, I'll make sure to have a passenger and a camera, lol.

Last edited by MrFrossty; 07-05-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Teching In

You sound like a total D-bag. Please come put this little 4 banger in its place
Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
You sound like a total D-bag. Please come put this little 4 banger in its place
Excuse me? That Evo was gonna get killed buddy! This is LS1tech. You don't like an LS1 killing a Cobra and about to kill an Evo, LEAVE!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
Excuse me? That Evo was gonna get killed buddy! This is LS1tech. You don't like an LS1 killing a Cobra and about to kill an Evo, LEAVE!
it was a joke, click his sig, its funny

nice kill!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought it was a good write up.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

=His Cobra jumps out a half a car to try to get away but I know what he doesn't; he won't get away, hahaha. I nail it and pull even and then put a bumper on him when he hits the brakes. I think, he's pretty quick. That was closer than it should have been, time to destroy him. I slow back down to get back beside him. Now he's looking over at me tapping throttle making his car jump and has this look like, "you sure you want to go again?" I start smiling and downshift into 2nd. He then downshifts and to battle we go again, this time, I want his snake's head. I give him signal to go and he does. This time he only gets a bumper on me before I stop his pull and then I put a bumper on him, then back off the gas. He pulls back even, still going WOT, and I nail it again, put a bumper on him then back off again. I did this, on & off throttle about 5 or 6 times to him then decided to finish him. Unleashed the power of the LS1 and shifted into 3rd and yanked a car on him.Once I got the car length, I see him cram the brakes and slowed WAY down! I looked back again and he was about 20 cars back and wouldn't catch back up to me even though I slowed down to 45 in a 60 zone. I wanted to give him the thumbs up but oh well. It may have had to do with the fact he had a girl riding with him, lol.

So you raced a Cobra getting on and off the throttle 5 to 6 times while he was WOT the whole time and suddenly you shift to 3rd and you pull a car?

What are you mods? Maybe it's just me but I don't see how a stock F-body can tap the throttle 5 to 6 times while racing a car that is just barely behind it performance wise. While this story is very creative and you get an A for creative writing this story is also full of a lot of bullshit!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci

So you raced a Cobra getting on and off the throttle 5 to 6 times while he was WOT the whole time and suddenly you shift to 3rd and you pull a car?

What are you mods? Maybe it's just me but I don't see how a stock F-body can tap the throttle 5 to 6 times while racing a car that is just barely behind it performance wise. While this story is very creative and you get an A for creative writing this story is also full of a lot of bullshit!!!
I appreciate the A for creativity and I also give you an A, for ASSUMING. Nowhere in that story did I ever say my car was stock.

Last edited by MrFrossty; 07-05-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Let me clear a few things up here.

1. I don't know the mods to either as I never got a chance to talk with either.
2. Cobra had 3 A-pillar gauges and a 5in tach with shift light mounted on his dash. Also very loud and nice sounding exhaust. That's all I know.
3. Evo seemed stock other than exhaust. I know they are awesome from a dig but need fair amount of mods to run up top. I have 3 friends with 400, 500 and even 600whp.

Regardless of mods, Cobra got beat and so would Evo had not Z saved him. My car is NOT stock. I know what my car can do and it did what I expected it to do. I was excited to finally run a Cobra, even though it wasn't the mighty 03/04s, and when he was tapping gas after first run with that look on his face, I returned the favor except I did it while racing. IMO, car was probably just a bolt on, maybe geared car. Anyone else care to bash an LS1 kill story on an LS1 site?
Old 07-05-2009, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Give you an D for Reading , because you arent very good at it. Where did he say his car was stock?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can see the above with the cobra happening if the OP car has full boltons gears and even a small cam but he may have some juice to the LS1 and that will make very short work of the cobra especially since the cobra appparently wasn't FI or the OP didn't hear it at least.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tommy68n1
Give you an D for Reading , because you arent very good at it. Where did he say his car was stock?
Where did he say it wasn't for that matter? Which is probably why I asked him what his mods were...

FAIL!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You called bullshit on him before you knew his mods. Sure you asked, but you didn't even give a chance to respond before you through a BS flag. Just seems a little rude to me, no offense.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
it was a joke, click his sig, its funny

nice kill!
Sad part was I wasn't joking. People who just see a car and think they will destroy it and act all BA are huge D-bags. If he knows what they guy is running then it would've been a different story, I think the OP just has a huge ego and needed some attention to feel better to beat up on "ricer" cars. Hell my car looks stock and like a ricer and I would gladly let him "put me in my place" if he could.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im with him..

i laughed when i read that..

i dont care if you were H/C and spraying a 200 shot... or a 408 stroker...

you arent going to be dead even with a car while just barely giving it gas throughout second and then shift into 3rd gear...

bull ****, period.

PS... i know what it looks like to murder an 01 cobra...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QujTIqbL0

on street tires and didnt even go WOT til i was WAY in front.. i still couldnt have "played" with him before i shifted out of the current gear i was in.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
Sad part was I wasn't joking. People who just see a car and think they will destroy it and act all BA are huge D-bags. If he knows what they guy is running then it would've been a different story, I think the OP just has a huge ego and needed some attention to feel better to beat up on "ricer" cars. Hell my car looks stock and like a ricer and I would gladly let him "put me in my place" if he could.
I'm not one of those 16 year olds that just got a fast car from mommy and daddy. I've had this car and it's setup for over 3 years now. I know what the car can do and I've been into performance cars, especially Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc for over 10 years so I'm not new to this. I don't have an ego either by the way, just thought I'd throw in some jabs at my opponents to make for a better story. I can rewrite it if you'd like but something that lengthy will be boring without spice. Again, why are you on an LS1 site defending every little Evo or Import that gets outrun? Go to your own type of car site. Yeah, you're so willing to race me and avenge your fallen brethen but I don't see it happening as we live clean across the continent. If the car was able to outrun me, I think it wouldn't tried alittle harder to do so instead of taking the way out it had. Regardless, everything happened the way I described. If you don't believe it, tough turkey.

Originally Posted by lemons12
im with him..

i laughed when i read that..

i dont care if you were H/C and spraying a 200 shot... or a 408 stroker...

you arent going to be dead even with a car while just barely giving it gas throughout second and then shift into 3rd gear...

bull ****, period.

PS... i know what it looks like to murder an 01 cobra...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QujTIqbL0

on street tires and didnt even go WOT til i was WAY in front.. i still couldnt have "played" with him before i shifted out of the current gear i was in.
Again, it happened the way I described. Sorry if you don't believe me but it did.

Thank you to everyone with encouragement and positive posts. I appreciate the replies!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
Oh yeah, one more thing, Linkin Park's new song, New Divide(Transformer's theme song) was playing while the Cobra was getting skint, lol.
I'm sorry

But anyway yeah, nice description of events!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Launching!

That Cobra wont make more than 350 at the wheels with bolt ons... If it was geared then it would put up some sort of a fight but even stock for stock the Ls1 would walk him. My best Friend had an 03 and it barely made over 450rwhp and it was pulley'd and tuned with other bolt ons.

Good Read I liked it! (Thats coming from somone who knows imports like the back of his hand too).